Meghauli Serai, A Taj Safari Lodge
What We Love
- Rhino and crocodile sightings are practically guaranteed
- The lodge’s “anywhere, anytime” dining philosophy
- Private plunge pools in every villa
- Guests can assist a mahout bathe the resident elephant, Anjali
What To Know
- Though there is no spa, the Taj brand’s signature Jiva treatments are offered in the comfort of your room
- The park rangers here were trained by South Africa’s knowledgeable andBeyond group
- The concierge can coordinate village visits with the local Tharu community
- The lodge can arrange for chauffer-driven pick-ups from the three closest airports
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Sure, the days at this natural sanctuary begin at the crack of dawn—it’s the ideal time to explore the property’s awe-inducing backyard, the grasslands and forests of Chitwan National Park—but your exceedingly early start is sweetened with a breakfast of Grand Marnier-spiked oatmeal. (You’re in Taj territory, after all.) Combining extra-attentive service with under-the-radar settings is a matter of pride for this century-old Indian hotel chain. Here, the illustrious brand’s latest act unfolds in the lowlands of Nepal with 16 river-facing villas inspired by the local Tharu tribe (brush paintings on the walls; grass mats on the floors; outdoor Nepali showers known as dhunge dharas), all clad with contemporary creature comforts like claw-footed tubs and seamless Wi-Fi that make sure you’re adequately spoiled between your safari drives and jungle walks. Once you’ve had your fill of the area’s VIPs—one-horned rhinos, Bengal tigers, and over 500 bird species—devour an authentic Newari dinner, which might include masala-barbecued chicken and nettle soup, on the banks of the Rapti. Then sip a nightcap at the cozy library, well stocked with tomes on its enchanting subtropical backdrop.
In the Area
It’s best to fly into Kathmandu, Nepal’s capital, then hop on a 30-minute flight to Bharatpur, where you’ll be picked up by a lodge-sponsored van (refreshments included) for the two-hour drive to Meghauli Serai. Though Chitwan Natinonal Park, which gained UNESCO World Heritage status over thirty years ago, remains the main attraction of the Terai region (virtually untouched by the catastrophic 2015 earthquake), as these lowlands are known, you can also venture on day trips to nearby Bhaktapur and Patan, ancient cities and once independent kingdoms of their own with carefully preserved royal palaces, temples, and art collections.
How to Get There
Absolutely stunning resort in midst of buffer zone of chitwan national park.
The best part of this resort; it’s location, the staff, the Taj hospitality.
Special thanks to
1. Roshan - who took care of our family as the best Host. He made sure that our stay here was fantastic. He knows his work like a pro and shout out to him for making our stay memorable
2. Kamal- who gave us the experience of our lifetime , celebrated my wife’s birthday with one of best experience.
3. Sanjay- Our f&b service guide, served us with utmost passion and warmth. Thanks to him for teaching us how to make different type of teas.
4. Lekhraj- Our chef - He ensured that we were fed the way we wanted . Super cool guy and would definitely want to eat his food.
Would definitely visit us here again.
Resort is beautiful and definitely needs your visit here.
Completed our trip to Meghauli Serai Taj today.
It was an extraordinary stay and Taj will remain Taj,all the courteous employees bestowed their service as if we were their own guest.
To name a few,Mr. Roshan,Exe Chef,HK team and the F&B team,pls spare us if we had miss any one.
All of them have just made this simple stay as one of our memorable and impeccable stay in taj safari.
5/5 or 10/10 which is applicable.
We arrived on May 19th and were very warmly welcomed by the staff of the hotel who were waiting for us waving. We were offered a towel to clean ourselves and a fresh juice. After check in we were shown our room and the view from our room was so lovely that we really fell in love with the place. Overlooking the forest and the flowing rapti river we could just relax sitting on our sit out. Hospitality was really good, food was also excellent. May 20th was our wedding anniversary and they really surprised us with decoration in our room and a very special dinner.
Everytime we went for a safari and came back the staff were waiting with towels and juice and we were really pampered.
Over all our trip to chitwan was a very memorable one which was made possible by the staff of meghauli serai.