- Free WiFi
With a stay at Velassaru Maldives in Velassaru (South Male Atoll), you’ll be minutes from Laguna Beach and close to Vadoo Beach. This 5-star resort is within the vicinity of Bolifushi Island Pier and Villingili Public Beach.
Make yourself at home in one of the 129 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Bathrooms have rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities including an outdoor pool and an outdoor tennis court. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 5 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Thirsty? Quench your thirst at a bar/lounge, a beach bar, or a poolside bar. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a computer station, express check-in, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge at scheduled times.
How to Get There
Let me start by saying Thankyou Velassaru. We had a wonderful family holiday and enjoyed every second of it. From the reception at the airport the boat to hotel the reception the rooms (209+208) the food (every restaurant) to the service. Naming a few of the staff will be rude because everyone was courteous and helpful. The rooms were beach Villa were awesome clean and perfect. I highly recommend it. Please take the half board package. Best of all a Mosque in the hotel.
Well, about Seaside of Maldives, more or less the feedback are known so i won't spend time of explaining how beatful, full of fishes, warm and clear the ocean is.
The resort is just 2hrs by boat from Male aiprto (150 USD/person/2ways).
We got a beach bungalow, cleaned and super cozy. In few steps you reach the amazing beach.
Pool is there but we were not interested on it.
Food was good even id not in line with the expectation: for a 5* resort and 400 usd/night i would expect something more.
Island is quite big and the staff is simply great
We have just had the most incredible week at Velassaru resort. It exceeded our expectations and we were blown away by the level
Of care and attention provided by the staff. What a perfect way to spend a week. Here are the highlights:
1. The food was out of this world! I have food intolerances however every member of staff, especially Mausoom the restaurant manager (he deserves a medal), made sure that my meals were tailored specifically to me, fuss free. They would do this without me even asking. I was able to have all my favourites without paying the price of an unhappy stomach. They even made me almond milk cappuccinos every day. Bliss.
2. I love to workout so for me a gym is important and this gym was just perfect. It had everything I needed: cardio equipment, weights, machines, mats...even cold towels and bottled water!
3. Every day fresh pool towels magically appeared outside our room. The room was also cleaned daily, even twice a day sometimes.
4. The room itself was beautiful and HD everything we needed. There were even two showers, one being an outside one.
5. The staff were the most friendly, helpful people you could imagine. They went out of their way to make sure we were happy and had everything we could possibly need. the service was truly first class.
6. Upon arrival at the airport, a member of staff was there waiting to take out bags and help us on to the private boat transfer. The boat was luxurious in itself and the best part was that it only took 25 minutes to get to our resort.
7. The island grounds are well looked after, making it clean and beautiful at all times.
8. The snorkelling was really good, with small black tip sharks frequently visiting the Bay.
9. The breakfast buffet (included in the price) was excellent with a whole host of choices catered to every culture’s preferences. However, if there was something special you wanted, all you needed to do was ask.
10. Every now and again fresh juice would arrive at our sun beds, free of charge, or a cold towel would be handed out - a nice touch!
11. A range of evening activities were offered: a DJ one night, live music another, big screen cinema the next...or alternatively, you put a movie on in your room free of charge, and order room service.
Resort was honestly paradise and my fiancé and I had the most amazing time. If a relaxed vibe with a touch of class in an idyllic setting is what you are after, look no further. I will 100% be recommending this to all of my friends.
Thank you Velassaru for a magical week.
The most beautiful stay ever, staff is wonderful- friendly, helping, polite...... traveling to a lot of islands in Caribbean my sister and I have a lot to compare too. This is our bedt stay and service we have got. Roomes cleaned twice a day, thats a first. For people that love snorkeling well they have it all here!!! Amazing rooms, clean and comfy. We loved our stay!!!! Thanks again Velassaru team!!!
Beautiful white sand, locations, Corals, water activities and especially friendly staff. It was amazing to experience. Exceed the expectation in fact beyond. They are having every type of watersports like Jet ski, Kite surfing, Kayaking, Speed boat, Big Fish game, Scuba etc. Dont miss the PhotoGraphy session here. They are the true professionals. Very kind and polite staff.
Good restaurants, Excellent PhotoGraphy Lounge, Stunning views, Excellent Corals and Beaches, Tennis court, Gym, YOGA etc. We stayed in Water Bunglow with Pool and having lovely views from there.