Sun Aqua Vilu Reef Maldives
What We Love
- A beach or reef villa in the breathtaking Maldives, with breakfast, dinner and spa credit Dipping your toes into the clear, warm waters, just a few steps from your room
- Grabbing some freshly grilled seafood at the restaurant in the evening
- Heading out into the sparkling sea for a snorkelling adventure
What To Know
- Beach Villas are best on the lagoon side of the resort (the reef-facing side has views of the service island)
- On Saturdays the resort hosts a crab racing event, while every night you can catch manta ray feedings
- Free WiFi is extremely slow, but is that really a concern when you're in the Maldives?
A once-in-a-lifetime experience awaits you at this heavenly private island in the middle of Maldives. A tiny atoll in the midst of all the blue, the emerald gem is fringed by powder-white sand with a long bridge linking to its handful of reef villas.
With just 100 rooms, there is a sense of exclusivity and seclusion, perfect for those looking to get away from it all and soak in the paradisaical atmosphere of the Maldives. Here, barefoot living is encouraged – feel the squish of soft sand under your feet, snorkel in reefs teeming with life or simply kick back with a drink in hand on a deck chair at your villa.
Breakfast and dinner is included in your stay, which leaves you more time to enjoy the facilities of the resort. Aside from water sports and snorkelling day trips, wind down with a massage at the Sun Aqua Spa. Spice-scented scrubs are their specialty and guarantee you’ll be refreshed after. With a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in the bag, reviews are glowing.
How to Get There
We spent a wonderful week at Sun Aqua Vilu Reef. Our over-the-water Aqua Water Villa was amazing and had great sunset views. All inclusive package allowed great cocktails by the pools. Most amazing was Tiago at the dive centre. Took us on a great SCUBA dive on a reef, and his team took us on a Whale Shark snorkelling tour. We were lucky and spent 30 minutes swimming alongside a 7m whale shark... unforgettable.
Many thanks for an unforgettable holiday. We really enjoyed the fantastic ambiance and beauty of the island, giving so much happiness and mind fulness. We want to thank all the great staff for their tremendous service. Our special gratitude goes to Rao, Rob and Adam for their genuine friendliness and for showing so much good spirit. They made our holiday to an even more fantastic memory.
This place is an absolute paradise. Me and my family really enjoyed our stay. Everything was perfect. Food was delicious, staff was very nice and kind, there is always something going on in the evening...
However I have one advice for anyone looking at booking the vacation at this resort. Pay that little extra and take the villa on the sunset side. View is definitely more beautiful.