LUX* South Ari Atoll
What We Love
- The myriad activities on offer: snorkeling, kayaking, tennis, beach volleyball and more
- The diving: The Ari Atoll has some of the Maldives' best
- A four-hand massage at the elegant spa
- One of the few family-friendly resorts in the Maldives
- Seven restaurants and six bars to choose from
What To Know
- The 28-acre resort is large by Maldivian standards, with 193 rooms
- Getting to this remote island involves a 25-minute seaplane ride from Malé that costs about $363 per person each way
- Better for families and active couples — romantics looking for complete privacy might be disappointed
- A Green tax of $6 per person, per night will be collected at the property for stays from November 1 2015.
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
With a stay at LUX* South Ari Atoll in Dhidhoofinolhu Island (South Ari Atoll), you’ll be minutes from Dhidhoofinolhu Marina. This 5-star resort is within the vicinity of Manta Point and Vakarufalhi Beach.
Make yourself at home in one of the 193 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and DVD players. Rooms have private furnished balconies or patios. LCD televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature deep soaking bathtubs and complimentary toiletries.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. After dipping into one of the 2 outdoor swimming pools, you can spend some time at the private beach. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 7 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 6 bars/lounges. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Event facilities at this resort consist of a conference center and a meeting room.
How to Get There
Me and my family stayed 10 nights at LUX South Ari Atoll for our summer vacation and it has certainly been our best vacation so far!
There are loads of reviews on TripAdvisor highly recommending this resort and I can absolutely confirm all of them. From the Service over the rooms, offered meals and drinks basically everything was perfect.
There are a couple of things I'd like to highlight / recommend for your stay:
- Definitely choose the all inclusive package as drinks and meals are quite pricey (e.g. a tiger draught beer is 12$ + 10% service charge + 12% tax). As the resorts is an island you have naturally no other option than eating and drinking there.
- Make sure to definitely check out Senses Pool and Bar near the West Point of the resort island. The pool area is much more quiet and relaxed than the other pool. All the waiters are just super friendly and very service oriented. The bartender at Senses Bar named Sumit is also just a wonderful guy. I've had such great talks with him and due to his outstanding knowledge about different types of liquor you can certainly get the best drinks on the island there. Ask Sumit for his Signature drink "Old Fashioned with Cinnamon" which became my favorite quickly!
- Choose your room wisely. We decided to stay in a Beach Villa and Beach Pavillon, which turned out to be a good decision. The island is quite large and thus it can take a lot of time to get from the water villas located on the east and west of the island to the respective other side.
Even tough this was a perfect vacation there are of course aspects the hotel management could improve:
1. All the water sports activities and excursions are not operated by LUX directly but by an other company. Unfortunately the excursions are not on the same luxurious level as the hotel. For example they just forgot towels for guests on a snorkeling trip and we were just offered still water on a 150$ whale shark snorkeling tour. I am sure we are not the only one's finding this absolutely unacceptable given that one is paying that much. Other resorts in the same price category offer a way better service.
2. The bathrooms in Beach pavilions is very dark and should be refurbished at some point in the near future.
All in all I'd like to thank Mr. Mamoun (the super friendly resort manager), Sumit (the best bartender) and all the other employees working in the fore- and background for this memorable vacation!
We visited the resort in the beginning of August for our honeymoon and could not be more satisfied with our experience! We were on all inclusive and stayed in a romantic pool water villa.
Immediately after we passed customs at Male Airport a LUX* representative greeted us and escorted us to the sea plane check in. We were then brought to the sea plane terminal where LUX* has its own private lounge where we relaxed before departure.
Check-in at the hotell went very smooth and we were quickly escorted to our villa (check-out was also super quick and painless). The villa was lovely and the water in the pool was clean and felt very fresh. Our housekeeper Ali was wonderful and very keen on ensuring that we had everything we needed at all times.
We tried all the restaurants (there are many to choose from) except the Japanese (not included in the AI-package) and were never disappointed. The variety was really good and if we could we would have stayed for another week just to be able to eat through the various menus. Be sure not to miss Veli Bar for lunch, it does not look like much (its a pool bar) but the menu is fantastic. A lot of drinks/cocktails and various wines (including sparkling) were included in the AI-package (good wines from Italy, Argentina; Spain, France, Australia etc etc) and not to forget, coffee and cakes from Cafe LUX* as well as ice cream.
We also loved that the room had a projector (as well as a TV) and good enough internet to be able to stream video, which enabled us to watch Netflix a few nights when we did not feel like staying out.
An amazing resort with exceptional staff!Definitely a 5 star resort.Our check in manager Irakli was absolutely outstanding and did everything for us.Thank you Irakli and the whole LUX SOUTH ARI ATOLL!