Dusit Thani Maldives
What We Love
- Daily buffet breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- In-villa check-in means not a moment of relaxation is wasted with paperwork
- The water sports center provides free snorkeling equipment
- Bikes are provided free of charge to explore the island
What To Know
- A 10 percent service charge per night and 12 percent tax will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Seaplane schedules vary from day to day; you’ll be informed of your departure time upon arrival
- There's a children’s club and play area, but this is more of a honeymoon destination
- There aren’t any other islands nearby, so you’re limited to the resort’s restaurants
- Gala dinner charges are mandatory for guests staying during Christmas and New Year's Eve
- The Christmas Eve Gala Dinner will cost $300 per adult, $150 per child between 4 and 12 years old
- The New Year's Eve Gala Dinner will cost $450 per adult, $224 per child between 4 and 12 years old
- Free WiFi
- Room Service
Surrounded by turquoise waters, the Dusit Thani in the stunning Baa Atoll is encircled by uninhabited islands, coral reefs and jaw-dropping marine life. Once on dry land you’ll find spacious villas decked out in white and blue to reflect the ocean, rustic wood pathways that cut through lush jungle, and the largest infinity pool in the Maldives. With villas dotted around the edge of the island and buildings nestled in the tree tops, the whole resort has a Robinson Crusoe feel, which is enhanced by secluded beaches. Meanwhile, in the guestrooms, Thai touches like artwork and silks add a hint of the Far East to this tropical idyll.
Bed and Bath
Most villas come with their own plunge pool (except the Beach Villa), outdoor shower, free WiFi, Apple Mac Mini with free movies, in-room bar, Nespresso machine and Molton Brown goodies in the bathrooms. The decor is upmarket beach-chic, with white linens, wood flooring, vaulted ceilings and natural details throughout. Once you’ve unpacked your bags, put on your swimsuit and started lounging by your own pool, reality seems deliciously far away.
With sealife on the doorstep, expect fresh fishy feasts on the menu at the resort’s restaurants. Choose from the signature Thai eatery Benjarong, which juts over the ocean and serves authentically spicy dishes like roast duck curry; the poolside Sea Grill for grilled seafood and sushi; the aptly named Sand Bar (the floor is covered in sand) for games and drinks; and the Market for breakfast and themed dinners (don’t miss the Maldivian set menu). There’s also a tennis court, gym and water sports center for kayaking, diving and snorkeling, and the sublime spa is nestled in a grove of coconut trees; indulge in a massage with a view in one of the six tree-top treatment pods.
In the Area
Situated 35 minutes from Malé by seaplane, the Dusit Thani takes over the whole island, but you can visit neighboring islands for snorkelling and diving trips. On landing in Malé, you’ll be whisked to a VIP lounge for refreshments and magazines to await your seaplane shuttle. The hotel offers excursions to Hanifaru Huraa, a nearby UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve renowned as a feeding ground for manta rays and whale sharks.
How to Get There
Me and my husband stayed at Dusit Thani Maldives 6 days(from 17th of May) for our honeymoon and it was really a perfect time.
1. Snorkleling condition : First of all, we saw sea turtle, baby shark, stingray, octopus right in front of the villas. Not to mention thousands of different fishes. The places we saw those are not that far from villas, very easy to approach, so the beginners also can experience marine life!!
2. Food : We loved especially Sea grill, we called it "Michelin". It was more than expected. Tenderloin and Lamb Rack, King prawn was the best. Benjarong has wonderful romantic view and the food was also very nice including crab curry and various fries. Last but not least "the Market" was the place everyday I had breakfast and the food was very fresh, varios, and delicious.
3. Staffs : Staffs are the best point I recommend Dusit Thani! Maldives is just like heaven and I've never been other resorts, but every single staff of Dusit Thani was very kind, diligent, cheerful and always proposed more services. I cannot remember every single name but our butler "Jiwon" was very pleasant, kind and passionate butler and she was always ready to help us. Also I remember "Obbs" at the market, he was very nice and kind(maybe he might remember me by the name "Sandy"). Furthermore I had wonderful birthday dinner at Seagrill thanks to the manager of Seagrill. Thanks again. And also special thanks to housekeeping of my villa(204) who made beautiful bed decoration for me. It was really wonderful!!
Though I'm back in Korea, I would never forget every single moment I had in Dusit Thani, and once again thank you so much. And I strongly recommend Dusit Thani to those who would like to visit Maldives in the near future!
I heard Maldives firstly from the cartoon film Mcdull. It said Maldives is a fabulous place with white sand and clear sea.
When I came here, I was deeply touched by the shore scenes and beautiful people here. Dusit Thani Maldives is famous for it's traditional Thailand style. The food suit the taste of Asian, and the service here is very thoughtful, every guest has their own butler, who can introduce, serve and help you in case of any question on the island. It's a very memorable experience and the only regret is that we cannot stay longer.
My husband and I were impressed by the experience in Dusit Thani during our stay on the island. The resort is beautiful. The staff are kind and considerate. The food is yum. The room is clean and comfy. The service provided is professional. My body was sunburnt on my second day of stay, When i had my breakfast in The Market, the staff asked me if i was Okay and one female staff ( i forgot her name) gave me some plain yogurt and taught me to apply them on my skin to relieve the sunburnt. They were so considerate and my skin was much better! And when we did snorkelling another staff knew that it was my first time and he taught me ho to do it patiently and monitored us to make sure we were safe. Most important, we were so so so impressed by the service of our butler, Mario. He is nice, kind, considerate, patient and always willing to help when we need. He took very good care of us during our stay on the island. He showed up immediately when we needed his assistance in booking restaurants, pick-up, advice, etc. Without him we may not have such a happy journey. Will definitely want Mario be out butler when we are back later. Thank you Dusit Thani, its the always the people that make the trip memorable. We hope to come back soon!
We think this is the best trip to date.We stayed for 2 nights in the deluxe beach villa with pool,and in the ocean villa with pool for 2 nights.Fortunately,Dusit upgraded the house for free of charge.The scenery of the sea is unexpected and beautiful.All the pictures are beautiful.The hotel attendants are enthusiastic and hardworking,especially our housekeeper Muhey Min！During our stay at the hotel, he was enthusiastic and helpful.We like him very much.
For the beautiful scenery and intimate service here, we will come again.
Words can describe our experience at Dusit Thani.
I traveled with my husband and baby. Our butler Mario was very helpful in every single way. Food was very good. Mafrooh, Sanah, Shahid, Faisal at The Market were very sweet with our baby and made sure we had all we need for breakfast. It was very nice to see tge GM himself passing around making sure all the guests had what they wanted. We booked an ocea villa which we really enjoyed. Just a more variety in the food would make it better(for breakfast and dinner the buffet was very fine but I mean for lunch at the seagrill as the only other option is the Thai restaurant)
The welcoming was very nice even the whole management was there to say goodbye too !