What We Love
- Daily breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate?
- The dive center offers shark and manta ray awareness courses?
- Spa de Constance recently introduced Valmont products and a host of signature treatments, including an After Diving Massage?
- In-room iMacs make surfing the web, watching movies and booking excursions a breeze
What To Know
- Constance Halaveli is 25 minutes by seaplane or an hour and 15 minutes by boat from the international airport in Malé?
- Seaplane transfers are only available between 8:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.; connecting flights should be planned accordingly
- Popular among honeymooners, but also family-friendly
- There will be compulsory Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners on Dec. 24 and Dec. 31 respectively
- The cost of Christmas dinner is: $235 per adult, $118 per child 7-12 (children 6 and under attend for free)
- The cost of NYE dinner is: $370 per adult, $185 per child 7-12 (children 6 and under attend for free)
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Room Service
Constance Halaveli epitomizes the tropical island vacation. A private expanse of beach studded with oversize bean bags? Check. An on-site PADI dive center and easy access to shipwrecks, caves and coral reefs teeming with whale sharks and manta rays? Double check. There’s a heavy focus on the alfresco, with outdoor dining and villas that have wooden balconies with steps that descend straight into the ocean. It’s a magnet for the honeymoon crowd, to be sure, but this upscale resort also caters to travelers with tots in tow.
Bed and Bath
The resort’s 86 villas, whose design is inspired by traditional dhoni fishing boats, combine chic tropical decor and cutting-edge technology: iPods, mini iMacs, free WiFi and plasma televisions. Choose from Water Villas, from which you can peer into the crystal-clear water over your morning cuppa; standard Beach Villas, which have private plunge pools; and, for larger groups who need more elbow room, Family Beach Villas or Double Story Beach Villas.
The resort has an overwater spa, where the treatments make use of handcrafted Ila, Valmont and signature Spa de Constance products; and a fitness center and tennis courts where type A vacationers can squeeze in their daily workout. There’s a pool, of course, and three restaurants to choose from. Jahaz offers a full buffet spread, while the beachside grill, Meeru, makes it possible to have your sundowner with your toes in the sand. The last, the specialty Asian-inspired restaurant Jing, sits on stilts above the lagoon and has one of the most comprehensive wine cellars in the Indian Ocean.
How to Get There
This was a dream like holiday, with everything falling into place perfectly. The place is spotless. The staff is friendly and helpful, and nothing is too much bother. The food is awesome. If there is something missing, I would say it's the lack of a coral reef within the surrounding ocean. There are pretty enough snorkeling sites, but a honest-to-goodness reef, not so much. Still, I'm nitpicking. There are rays and sharks swimming right beside you in the water villas, so there's no lack of excitement! It's a little pricey, and when you reach here you understand what the hype is all about. The water villas with their own plunge pools are absolutely stunning and worth every penny....we spent three days soaking in it!
We enjoyed the each minute we have spent at Constance Halaveli. All the restaurants are serving amazing food but we loved most Jing Restaurant. They have a very rich drink menu and the cocktails are awesome.
I highly recommend the hotel - our second stay was exceptional! The Island is absolutely breathtaking. The staff are attentive and friendly and you really get pampered everyday :) We have left knowing we will return again!