Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
What We Love
- Beach stays cool even under the harsh midday sun
- Ithaa Undersea Restaurant is just that, underwater and with spectacular views of the sea
- The water sports center, with scuba diving, windsurfing and kneeboarding
What To Know
- Best suited for couples
- It's the only property in the area, so offsite excursions are limited
- The bug situation can be daunting if you’re at all squeamish about insects
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Room Service
Barefoot luxury. The resort encompasses two adjacent islands, connected by a 500-meter footbridge, and offers both beach villas and the coveted overwater variety. Teak and white stone evoke a feeling of peace and openness. Local artwork dots the walls, and seafoam-greens and blues are the palette of choice for the interiors. Everything is clean and pristine, much like the Maldives themselves.
Bed & Bath
The villas, whether on the beach or over the water, are spacious and private, with individual plunge or whirlpools. All are fashioned of white stone with traditional thatch roofs. The expansive 1,600-square-foot spa villas have turquoise and white sleeping areas with vaulted ceilings, ceiling fans and teak floors. Bathrooms have his-and-hers sinks, large Roman baths and separate spa areas for in-room massages. Of course, all rooms have amazing views of the ocean.
With numerous dining options, guests are spoiled for choice, especially those who love wine: The resort has the country’s first wine cellar. The Cheese and Wine Bar, with its cool black sand, is a refuge on a hot day. Sunset Bar and Grill is the best spot for savoring delicious local seafood while watching the sunset from your private dining deck. Ithaa Undersea Restaurant is the choice boite on the island, as diners feel like Jacques Cousteau admiring the array of sea creatures swimming overhead. And if guests want sea views without dining, one of the spas is overwater and offers massages in rooms with glass floors.
In the Area
Situated in the southernmost section of the Maldives, the resort is fairly isolated. But that doesn’t mean you’ll be left with nothing to do. The kids-only Ice Cream Spa allows youngsters to enjoy facials and massages. Nemo, the resort’s three-person mini-sub, takes guests on 30-minute undersea adventures. Personal trainers are on hand to give you boxing lessons at the gym. The island’s three boutiques offer guests bathing suits and other essentials they may have forgotten. Nearby Mandhoo Island boasts a small village and gardens in which you can eat the local fruit.
How to Get There
It’s our 2nd time visit here.
As we experienced on our 1st visit, it’s still beautiful place.
From the arriving at the airport, you will have one of the best hospitality staffs greeting you to take to the sea plane area.
We stayed on the water villa and we could meet All kinds of fish right in front of our room.
Housekeeping comes morning and afternoon everyday, so there’s no chance to have the room get dirty and everything we needs are always fully refilled. Amazing.
Breakfast at Atoll was always good.
Off and on there was harsh rain, it was also enjoyable to us. We opened windows and enjoyed rain pouring sounds.
Kids club has different activities everyday and staffs were awesome with my kids, so we didn’t need to worry about them and they loved playing there.
Worries about mosquitoes before going there, but haven’t gotten any single bite. I was told that they take care of the whole island very good to get rid of the mosquitoes.
Every single day in Conrad Maldives were awesome once again. We will definitely go back again.
Stayed here for seven days in early January with my girlfriend. We both hilton diamond members were not happy with the service considering how much they charge. Overall, our stay is good and most staff are very friendly, but this is to be expected if you are paying 1000+ dollars a night. We are on points and I would feel very bad if folks pay 1000+ dollars a night to stay here and get this kind of service. I give 3 stars solely because how the assit front desk manger treat me and handle my complaints, otherwise 0 star. He is very professional and knows customer service.
We spend five nights in water villa and two nights in deluxe beach villa. Views from rooms are stunning, just like any other resorts in Maldives.
Water villa is very old, outdated and needs renovation. Good for points redemption since it is still a standard room award (Shout out to Hilton Honors program), but you would never want to pay the cash rate.
Deluxe beach villa has just been remodeled and very nice. However, there are much to be improved. The light switches in the room are not labeled and there are like a hundred of them. Good luck guessing which one controls what. Don't stay in room 136, which was our room. When it rained one night and the roof was leaking water. Come on Conrad, you can do better than this. When I stayed at 80 dollars airport Doubletree, I wasn't getting leaky roof.
Here are the negatives: (if you are the resort manager TAKE NOTES!)
1. The buggy system is broken. If you are staying on the smaller island, expect total isolation, which can be both good or bad. But do understand what you are getting, without buggy expect to walk half a hour to any restaurants or the front desk. Reading our guest reviews, I can tell that the buggy had improved a lot but still needs some work. Staff made guests feel discouraged from using buggy. Once I requested a buggy to the dive center; the driver just dumped me at the front desk and told me to talk to the dive center under the scorching sun. When I insisted to be driven, he just ignored me and walked away. Excuse me?
2. The resort feels like a money making machine and trying to squeeze every penny from guests. They try upselling whenever possible and made guests feel very uncomfortable. A casual conservation can turn into sales pitch. Once a Singapore girl approached us asking whether we enjoyed our stay and then tried aggressively to sell us a beach bbq buffet even though I told her that I am not a big fan of buffet and prefer a la carte. Please leave me alone, I'm on vacation! Don't even bother asking for recommendation when eat, the staff always recommend the most expensive dish. Every restaurant i visited, the staff remind me that they serve lobsters. Once I went to lunch at Rangali Bar and was trying to decide between sandwich or burger, the waiter was very helpful telling me they have lobsters. Come on, give me a break, we working class folks don't have lobsters for lunch.
3. There is a ferry transporting guests between islands and the two gentlemen working on the ferry seriously need some training for customer service. They don't know how to smile and made me feel like they want to hit me or something. Most staff is friendly and willing to help in general. However, many staff seem bored at work and need to be entertained.
4. I would like to commend our host Jordan for his hospitality. For a luxury resort, you expect the service to be very personal and have someone to look after you personally. Well, our host Jordan went above and beyond our expectation. 4 days into our stay, Jordan still hadn't showed up yet. Everytime we need something, dinner reservations, tours etc. we had to visit the front desk and figure out everything ourselves. Thank you Jordan.
5. Breakfast buffet needs help. You will find better food in an all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbeans.
6. Having traveled to many vacation destinations around the world, I notice that Caucasian guests always get better treatment. However, Conrad takes this to the next level: they make it very very obvious. During breakfast, nobody cleared my empty plates in a timely manner or ever refilled my coffee while western guests tables are flooded with staff doing all kinds of favors for them.
7. Train your staff to use common sense. I arrived at the resort pass mid night after traveling for 40 hours and exhausted. The girl who checked us in was very nice and gave us a comprehensive room tour. I was desperate for some sleep and felt bad for cutting her off.
8. One last thing, please tell me why you guys leave a space for tip on every bill after charging 10% for service? What is service charge meant to be? A reasonable person expect service charge to cover service.
Overall, the stay is pretty good. The housekeeper for my water villa is very nice, keep everything clean and well stock for the water. Only thing for all housekeeper for both my water villa and beach villa stay which pretty bothersome is that they open the door too quickly after the knock even they know somebody is in the room which give me no time to put on my cloth....
The island hardware is pretty good. Love the breakfast and tea time for Diamond member. Food is delicious but toward expensive side. Everywhere on the island can only use stunning for the awesome view. We did the jet ski, which is equal to private tour, and the guide show us dolphin! So amazing.
Another upsetting point for my stay is my host. Need to give him some credit for the first night help us found the store keeper to open the store for us to shop in for some underwear. After that I only see him twice trough out the stay. When I first arrived, I mentioned to him 1. I would like to pay for upgrade if there’s any available. 2. My luggage was delayed. He promised he will follow up for both of the things. But eventually, other people help me follow them up but not him. I received my luggage on the second day, when Shine is the person help me follow up and tell me when will my luggage arrive. (Special thanks to Shine, who is very caring and helpful through out the stay) My host instead didn’t even mentioned or tell me anything until at the third day when I called to asked him to help me book the tour, he finally asked me did I received my luggage yet. And at the end I didn’t get to go to the tour neither... Thanks for Ahmed, who help me to arranged an room switch and upgrade, which nothing be mentioned from my host neither. At the day to switch room, he told me to go to the lobby to meet him at 12:30 to switch the room, but he didn’t start working until 1. So somebody else from the front desk took us to the room. At the last day He called at 10:30pm to tell me when to check out, which is too late for people who going to sleep early. I rather there is no host instead of knowing there is one but really not helping. my friends host Jorden who I saw through out the stay help us more.
The girl in sports desk Yiwei is awesome. Who help us go through the choice of activity. Also the Taiwanese SPA manager is very nice and kind.
Very high value for money, the resort is huge with so many things to do and like 10 restaurants there so u will not get bored. Excellent staff. The food is great and many beaches around, we liked the live band At the bar, the organis restaurant is a must and especially for lunch
Had a pleasant stay and Exceptional services overall. Water villa is the best, beach villa is also nice and luxuary , all depends on personal preference. If you hope to stay closer to house reef for snorkeling , beach villa will be your choice , otherwise water villa is fascinating, Thanks Conrad for the hospitality. Hope to come back soon!