What We Love
- Breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Surprising, contemporary interiors that depart from typical Maldives resort style
- A remote, untouched setting
- The resort’s colorful coral reef – swim it, snorkel it, dive it
- Unique InOcean Villas are a half-mile offshore — talk about privacy!
- The spa, with a staff trained at Banyan Tree’s spa academy
What To Know
- Not for those with a fear of small planes, as the resort is reachable only by a 40-minute seaplane flight
- The ultraremote and quiet setting isn’t for everyone
- Occasionally, a restaurant will not open if hotel occupancy is low, but there is always at least one option, plus room service
- InOcean Villas were added to the property in June 2009
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
Located in Velavaru, Angsana Velavaru is close to Meedhuffushi Island Pier and Meedhuffushi Island Beach.
Make yourself at home in one of the 112 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Rooms have private patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities, which include a fitness center. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, supervised childcare/activities, and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry services, a 24-hour front desk, and multilingual staff.
How to Get There
We have just returned from an amazing stay at angsana velavaru. From the minute we stepped off the seaplane to the moment we left we were looked after by all the amazing staff at the hotel.
Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff - customer service is clearly key to everyone.
All staff always had a smile on their face and a desire to make your stay perfect. Congratulations to the management team for recruiting and training such a great team.
We could name check every member of staff but special mention to:
- Rameez (Ramiz) for ensuring that we had food that met our dietary requirements every meal time.
- Alex for making great cocktails and being great company whilst at the bar
- Haneef for looking after us in the restaurant
- Fanny and Suetlana on reception who were always on hand if we needed anything
If you visit angsana and feel like anything could improve your stay just mention it to the staff - they have a strong desire to do anything and everything in their power to fix things no matter how small.
The food was great across all the different places to eat - with a wide variety of options.
The refurb of villas on the main island is not yet complete so many villas are unoccupied. At times this did make the island feel a little too quiet/ empty (occasionally eerily so) but it won't be long until this is sorted. We would love to go back when it is all complete and stay on the island.
We were upgraded to the in-ocean villas as there weren't enough completed rooms on the main island. These in ocean villas are absolutely amazing - both inside and outside.... And with the incredible house reef on your doorstep.
Thanks to everyone at Angsana Velavaru
Fantastic stay, we had a lovely stay and did a lot of activities, there is so much to do here. dining was a delight, my wife and I could not be happier with the food selection and the all inclusive offered. This resort has both the ease to make you relax and to offer a great variety of activities. Our over the water accommodation was great, two story villa with lots of extensive space. More than we expected. To name just a few, waiters Hathim, Charith and Alex were very very attentive but there are plenty other staff that are worthy to be mentioned, the list is endless.
Had a lovely stay despite some rain, resort is looking great, preferred to experience the bungalows on the beach as the concept feels more of Maldives. Great food and beverage variety. Had stayed here years back and must stay that the team has done an amazing job with renovation. Kudos on the Marine Lab as our experience became very educational on top of memorable. Great future plans shared by management but already seen many great changes.