Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
With a stay at Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort in Dhigufinolhu (South Male Atoll), you’ll be minutes from Dhigufinolhu Beach and close to Bodu Hurraa Beach. This 5-star resort is within close proximity of Maafushi Mosque and Maafushi Harbor.
Make yourself at home in one of the 110 air-conditioned rooms featuring MP3 docking stations and LCD televisions. Rooms have private furnished patios. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while DVD players and satellite programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and rainfall showerheads.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, an outdoor tennis court, and a fitness center. This resort also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 3 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 2 bars/lounges. A complimentary breakfast is included.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, dry cleaning/laundry services, and multilingual staff.
How to Get There
We arrived yesterday to Paradise. Amazing welcome after a long flight. Amazing welcome at the aiport lounge and at the hotel to make us feel at home. We cant wait to spend the next few days here.
For everyone coming to this piece of heaven, ask for Mr Ramesh and Mr Prashit (guest and front office managers). Thank you for your welcome, and special thank you to Mr. Simohammed for all his help and guidance. You make us feel like home.
Can't wait to discover all parts of this hotel in the upcoming days. Salim (4 years old) is loving it!
We wanted a weekend away in paradise and our stay exceeded our expectations. Anantara Dhigu is stunning and our stay was like a dream. We stayed in the sunset over-water villa and were lucky with the weather. We had incredible sunset and sunshine all day around. The services provided was beyond 5-stars from airport transfer up to the departure drop-off. This Anantara property is close to the airport, which means that we did not need to spend hundreds of dollars on seaplane transfers. Just before we arrived at the property, there were a pod of dolphins welcoming us and our boat captain took a detour for us to experience being around them. Once on the dock, we received a warm welcome and check-in process was easy as we already completed the process upon arrival at the airport lounge. There were eight restaurants to choose from and it was great to experience other islands as well. We received excellent service from Prashrit who really looked after us with the wine selection. He was so friendly, knowledgeable and an all-round good bloke. The villa was large and gorgeous, the bathroom was dreamy and the bed was very comfortable. We went stand-up paddle boarding every day, turtles, sharks and rays would swim past us. We could not be happier with our choice to stay at Anantara Dhigu and we hope to return to paradise again soon.
This place is amazing. Staff was wonderful. The villa we stayed in was spacious, clean, with a path directly to the beach. The different restaurants available in this resort along with its sister resort was great. The beach was beautiful as well. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and for the price that we got, we couldn't be happier!
Was great to be back, looking forward to return!
good value all around,beaultiful beach, good food.
Short ride by speed boat from Male.
unbelievable group of employees makes every effort
towards making your stay memorable!
This resort has it's pros and cons, depends what you like and what you're looking for.
1) Shallow lagoon - great shallow lagoon with sandy beaches. You could walk out from your overwater bungalow and the water is at your knees or waist during low tide. Perfect for just hanging out and relaxing.
2) Accessibility from Male International Airport - approx 35 -40 mins boat ride away.
3) Provide you a cell phone to call your butler if you needed anything.
4) Restaurant "Sea Salt Fire" was the only good restaurant we liked for lunch and dinner. The Thai restaurant was good - but it was at the Veli Resort, which is fine, you just need to take the complimentary boat shuttle there.
5) Great for kids/families
Cons: (what we didn't like from the resort)
1) Room cleaning was off schedule sometimes. Coming from another hotel, we were spoiled with great room cleaning as they would finish the room while we were dining. At Anantara, there were a few times they were a little late or we had to wait for the rooms to finish cleaning before entering. (not a big deal)
2) Plastic water bottles - the resort only provided plastic water bottles. They placed 1 large and 4 small water bottles in your room daily. More was provided if you needed them. No additional charge. Hopefully they convert to glass or re-usable soon to be eco-friendly.
They also charged you for water at the restaurants, even if you're Half Board of Full Board. The water was like $12+ USD which is ridiculous. So we just brought our plastic water bottles from our room to drink at the restaurants. The waiters at the restaurants didn't seem to care much that I brought it from the room. They just wont fill your water for you.
3) Felt "nickle and dimed" - We were here Full Board, but felt nicked and dimed. For example, immediately upon arrival, we had to make dinner reservations every single night. Not sure why. Then, the spa representative immediately asked if we were interested in any spa services, and advised us to book asap as it's limited to only a few overwater spa suites. As we checked out, we were charged for using the laundry bag. We used the laundry bag to put our wet swimsuits in to separate it from our dry clothes. Other resorts do not charge for the bag - I did not use any laundry service. Luckily, the nice lady in the front reception was able to remove that from our bill.
4) Service could be improved - we informed Anantara we were staying and celebrating a special occasion prior to arrival. Contacted them via email, but did not receive any notice or congratulations back, recognizing the occasion. Also did not receive any additional recognition while we were there. (something I'd done elsewhere and our occasion was recognized and celebrated).
5) Bicycles around the resort - they're great! However, would be great if they had them for people of shorter height.
6) Our boat transfer to Male International Airport wasn't until 3:20pm-ish. We were unable to get late check out, so we had to check out at 12pm. Once we checked out, they stored our luggage away and we went to eat lunch to pass time. However, we were informed that we would have to pay out of pocket for lunch because we have now checked out and it's not included in our duration anymore. What the heck?! This was certainly not communicated to us - other resorts don't do this! Certainly an area of opportunity.
Overall, I would say.... come here and be cautious. I loved the lagoon. The room could be updated a little bit (floors). Remove plastic water bottles. Don't always try to "upsell/nickel-and-dime us", and improve on service and check out.
We've been to other resorts in Maldives and Bora Bora, so I would say this is a 4 star resort.