Plataran Komodo Beach Resort
What We Love
- Just eight traditional wooden villas with private verandas set in tropical gardens
- Set right on the white sand of Waecicu Beach
- Cast off on one of the resort's pretty wooden sailboats to explore the bay
- The hotel can arrange expert-led tours of Komodo National Park
- READ MORE: Your Perfect Week in Indonesia
What To Know
- It's a 10-minute boat ride from the island's capital, Labuan Bajo (flights from Bali's Denpasar International Airport take around an hour and a half)
- The water around the bay is perfect for snorkeling, and there are good dive spots farther out
- The restaurant can arrange candlelit dinners on the beach
- All villas are equipped with mosquito nets and repellent
- Free WiFi is available in the lobby only
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
On Flores, a lush Indonesian island that is home to white sand beaches, secluded bays and a skyline shaped by volcanoes, the Plataran Komodo Beach Resort is a beautiful eight-villa retreat on Waecicu Beach. Reached by a 10-minute boat road ride from the island’s capital, Labuan Bajo, this secluded spot is made up of just eight villas, all of which are made from natural materials and have private verandas, and are set in tropical gardens. The interiors are simple and elegant, with wood-paneled walls and crisp white beds. Some bathrooms feature traditional carved-stone tubs. Patio Xanadu serves traditional Indonesian dishes alfresco, as well as seafood, international cuisine and barbecue, and can arrange candlelit dinners on the beach. The hotel has a fleet of traditional wooden sailboats and can arrange tours to explore the local marine life.
In the Area
Climb aboard one of the resort’s little sailboats, which are equipped with snorkeling gear, and explore the colorful marine life in the coral reefs. Take a trip to Rinca Island, where your guide will lead you to find the Komodo dragon, lizards so big they occasionally chow down on water buffalo. The resort’s restaurant offers a peaceful, romantic setting, but if you crave a bit of a buzz, a speed boat can whizz you over to the bustling tourist village of Labuan Bajo, where sushi at the Happy Banana and coffee from the hip and quirky Cafe.In.Hit come highly recommended.
How to Get There
One of the tourist destinations that must be visited, beautiful natural scenery, good service, anyway this is a good choice for a family vacation #plataran
we felt very pampered with the atmosphere of the beach and romantic nature with a special service and exceeded what we had previously imagined from the Komodo plataran staff starting from airport pick-up and the last day we were there, will return there on the next opportunity.
We had a marvelous stay at the Plataran, and everything was as nice as we imagined. What we did not imagine, was the kindness we have been given by the whole staff of the resort, the amazing atmosphere and the great food that was so amazingly prepared by the chefs and brought to our table by most cheerful waiters. The SPA was relaxing and I felt asleep twice during the massages.
The tour package offered was incredible and the speedboat crew was fun and professional.
We will miss all of it.
Terima kasih Mbak and Mas
Dwi & Fabio