Plataran Komodo Beach Resort
What We Love
- Just eight traditional wooden villas with private verandas set in tropical gardens
- Set right on the white sand of Waecicu Beach
- Cast off on one of the resort's pretty wooden sailboats to explore the bay
- The hotel can arrange expert-led tours of Komodo National Park
- READ MORE: Your Perfect Week in Indonesia
What To Know
- It's a 10-minute boat ride from the island's capital, Labuan Bajo (flights from Bali's Denpasar International Airport take around an hour and a half)
- The water around the bay is perfect for snorkeling, and there are good dive spots farther out
- The restaurant can arrange candlelit dinners on the beach
- All villas are equipped with mosquito nets and repellent
- Free WiFi is available in the lobby only
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
On Flores, a lush Indonesian island that is home to white sand beaches, secluded bays and a skyline shaped by volcanoes, the Plataran Komodo Beach Resort is a beautiful eight-villa retreat on Waecicu Beach. Reached by a 10-minute boat road ride from the island’s capital, Labuan Bajo, this secluded spot is made up of just eight villas, all of which are made from natural materials and have private verandas, and are set in tropical gardens. The interiors are simple and elegant, with wood-paneled walls and crisp white beds. Some bathrooms feature traditional carved-stone tubs. Patio Xanadu serves traditional Indonesian dishes alfresco, as well as seafood, international cuisine and barbecue, and can arrange candlelit dinners on the beach. The hotel has a fleet of traditional wooden sailboats and can arrange tours to explore the local marine life.
In the Area
Climb aboard one of the resort’s little sailboats, which are equipped with snorkeling gear, and explore the colorful marine life in the coral reefs. Take a trip to Rinca Island, where your guide will lead you to find the Komodo dragon, lizards so big they occasionally chow down on water buffalo. The resort’s restaurant offers a peaceful, romantic setting, but if you crave a bit of a buzz, a speed boat can whizz you over to the bustling tourist village of Labuan Bajo, where sushi at the Happy Banana and coffee from the hip and quirky Cafe.In.Hit come highly recommended.
How to Get There
Room: we stayed in the highest category room which is the Grand Pool Villa. Spacious room with amenities that are so nice. Their turn down service provides cookies besides the bed. What a nice touch.
Location: a bit further from the hustle and bustle of Labuan Bajo but very nice, the room has its own beach view. It was really wondering.
Pool: private pool was nice and clean.
Room Service: food was nice but price wise could be better. There are many restaurants in Labuan Bajo that provides better quality food with cheaper price.
Staff: very friendly and helpful. Thank you everyone at Plataran Komodo.
Some tips: We travelled in December, I have been to Komodo in September which is a better season / weather to travel in. We took a day trip to the islands, the current was strong. Bigger boat is recommended.
Very relax n comfortable place the Staff’s are wonderful, with lots of activities n experiences. Great spa n the gym place its sooo niceeeee !!! The Plataran food was extremely delicious.. 2 nights was not enough will definitely come back for more and with “the special one” thank youuuu so much Plataran Komodo 🙏🏽👌🏽👍🏽
Wonderful 2 nights stay in one of the deluxe garden villas. Supremely comfortable rooms with giant beds. Quiet location right on the beach with unique vintage items adorning the whole property. Hammocks on the beach, beautiful breakfasts overlooking the sea and sundowners on the beach bean bags. I struggle to think of a better place I have stayed and felt so relaxed. The staff are exceptionally friendly. I can't wait to go back!
I have a business project with my colleague in Labuan Bajo, and i prefer to stay at Plataran to find some ideas for our project as well as a refreshment during our busy day.
Plataran Komodo Resort is spectacularly and very privately located on the quite area with a direct access to their private beach and 30 minutes drive of the Airport.
What i love the most :
1. The Service, all of the staffs are very helpful and friendly (they took me to dinner place & Plataran Beach Club and it was awesome!) They are just like my family.
2. The room facilities, after having a day trip with an extremely hot weather, i feel fresh once i get back to the room. They also had a fragrant mosquito repellent lotion which is very good for a hotel in tropical area.
3. Breakfast was great. It was a good idea for an ala carte breakfast with many variety of food. The taste was also very good. Love their banana pancake.
4. Hotel facilities, they have a beautiful jetty (you can have a sunbath in their jetty as well) and also GYM is very nice even though it is a small one, but the view from their gym is direct to their beach.
Last but not least, i feel like a family here. All of the staff knew us and even i knew every other guest and we talked to each other guest during our breakfast. Adding more friends is very good, isnt it?
Will definitely come back here 100%. Special thanks to Pak Igor (their beloved GM), Pak Veri, Pak Armana, Pak Christian, Pak Anton, Mas Adi, Mas Sastra, and all of the staff. Good job! :)
Stay here for 2 nights,the resorts is huge, love the bed and breakfast...
Lovely resorts,for sure will come back.
Thanks to all the staff.
Special for all travellers, u should take the sunrise breakfast,superb