Wanda Vista Xishuangbanna
What We Love
- A lavish pool villa at a seriously luxe resort in subtropical Jinghong, with a plethora of perksThe beautifully designed outdoor space of the private pool villas
- Taking a long soak in an oversize bathtub while watching something on the mirror-inset TV
- Cantonese fine dining at ZHEN Chinese Restaurant
What To Know
- Located a 10-minute drive from downtown
- Every villa has a private pool and garden
- You can easily visit the Mengle Great Buddhist Monastery – just a few miles from the resort
- Free WiFi is available throughout
Combine intrepid adventure with luxury on a world-class scale at this hidden sanctuary in Yunnan. Woven into the verdant slope of a mountain in one of China’s most emblematic regions, the ultra high-end Wanda Vista Resort Xishuangbanna could leave even the most seasoned luxury traveller in a daze.
Thoughtfully designed by leading architects, the resort blends imperial grandeur with a style reflective of local tradition. Set within a huge, subtropical plot with landscaped gardens and romantic pagodas mirrored by water, it’s a place to lose yourself in. At over 130 square metres, you might even lose your way in the emperor-worthy villas, complete with private plunge pools and contemporary comforts.
With a Zen spa, various excellent restaurants and a main pool offering breathtaking views, Wanda Vista Resort Xishuangbanna is a dream retreat from the real world. But do venture out, if you can bring yourself to; on the border with Myanmar and Laos, this magical corner of Asia will supply you with plenty of travel tales to take home.