Heritage Suites Hotel
What We Love
- Presents each night at turndown, from Monkey Balm for mosquito bites to locally made fans
- Free airport transfers in a vintage 1960s Mercedes Benz
- Cool jazz for sultry nights every Thursday from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
- Unlimited a la carte breakfast included with Khmer and Western specialties
What To Know
- Excursions are effortless with in-house Heritage Adventures, but pricey compared to off-site operators
- Downtown Siem Reap's Pub Street is a leisurely mile walk or quick tuk-tuk ride away
- Standard Rooms might feel too cozy for platonic friends: just side-by-side twin mattresses in a double frame
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Legendary Khmer hospitality meets its match at Relais & Chateaux’s only Cambodian property, a 26-room colonial-styled complex and spa across the river from the Royal Residence and Angkor National Museum. Suites offer Asian Art Deco decor, steam rooms, oversized tubs and small private gardens with outdoor showers — some even have Jacuzzis. A large salt-water pool draws guests for afternoon dips, happy hour cocktails and romantic candlelit meals in a private gazebo. And the spa is the perfect place to unwind after a long day at Angkor Wat with organic products and treatments inspired by traditional Khmer massage techniques.
In the Area
Angkor Wat: majestic, mysterious and manic. Crowds anthill around the UNESCO World Heritage site’s millennium-old Hindu/Buddhist ruins. To capture more of that just-discovered Tomb Raider feel, arrive early—before sunrise if you’re a photographer—and consider sites farther afield, like Kbal Spean’s ”River of a Thousand Lingas” the delicate pink-sandstone carvings at Banteay Srei and the 12th century lost temple of Beng Mealea. Angkor Thom’s multi-faced Bayon, root-choked Ta Prohm and awesome Angkor Wat itself are just the inner circle of a 400-square-km complex that’s at the heart of a recently discovered, even larger Khmer empire. For a taste of authentic Cambodian food, stop into the no-frills Khmer Kitchen, a favorite of everyone from the New York Times to Mick Jagger.
How to Get There
We had a lovely experience with Heritage suites, from the moment we stepped off the plane and into our complimentary vintage Mercedes transfer, to our last day, where they very kindly provided a room to shower (after we had checked out) before our flight in the evening - awesome! An elegant and charming boutique hotel tucked away in a peaceful location with a beautiful old world vintage vibe. Our room was super clean and comfortable and the heritage character is carried through. The staff here are incredible and hospitable, everyone is really going out of their way to be helpful and make your stay in Siem Reap as welcoming and enjoyable as possible! If you are looking for a unique experience away from the crowds, this is the perfect place to relax and unwind.
We had a great 2 night stay in this place. The staff was Super attentive, they gave us a lot of information about the tours and the city and arranged transportation for us. Definitely the staff is really good, 5 star international hotels standard. We loved the room and the housekeeping / guest service was really good making sure that we had the greatest experience, we even had a 15 min complimentary massage. 100% recommend place to stay
Stayed here for 5 days and 4 nights and for the price I paid it was a major disappointment. It was the worst stay I ever had in all my travels and I have paid less in some hotels and the experience I had was so much better than what I had here.
Checked into the room and was told I was getting an upgrade. Later I found out that it was exactly the room I booked. However, I was fine with it as long as it was what I booked. However, upon entering the room, it was not cleaned properly and the room was dark and the jacuzzi was filthy. Could not sleep well and the next day requested for a change of room. The manager Arnaud was really helpful and I was told that the executive Suite that I booked was not available and arranged for another room for me. Although it was a downgrade, they made it up by giving us a 90min massage in the hotel spa. Also, the new room was a lot more cozy and cleaner. All I wanted was to enjoy my holiday so I thought that everything was going to be alright after that.
Other smaller issues but because it was a continuous stream of it left a bitter aftertaste.
- housekeeping did not top up the soap at all throughout my stay (had to bring dispenser out to top it up)
- housekeeping never bothered to clear the dirty glasses in the room
- housekeeping did not bother to top up the coffee
- housekeeping did not bother to take away the dirty plate and empty ice bucket in the room
- housekeeping did not bother to change all the towels. We booked for 3 persons and they just conveniently changed 2 towels. Several housekeeping issues which made me doubt the cleanliness of the room and if they are actually doing their job.
- wifi was down a couple of times but was rectified.
- on my last evening here it was raining. Called front desk to ask for an umbrella as it was not sheltered and a distance to the hotel lobby. Was told there was an umbrella by the bed. Searched and could not find one. So called the hotel lobby again. Was told to come to the lobby myself to get an umbrella. Seriously??? I calmly told them that I would seriously get wet if I were to do that and if they could please get someone to send the umbrellas over.
- went out for dinner and a massage on the last night and came back around 12.20am. The gates of the hotel were locked and no one was there and it took them 5 mins before we managed to get someone to open the gates for us. This is a hotel...are the gates supposed to be locked? Upon entering the hotel, it was pitched dark at the lobby with just one lone person in the lobby.
- the morning I was leaving, there was no hot water despite the fact we told the front desk about it during our breakfast hoping that it will be rectified so we could shower and head to the airport. At the end as we were due to check out, my daughter and I had to shower in cold water.
It was advertised as a hotel with good reviews. That was why I booked the hotel in the first place and I paid SGD$1482 (approx Usd$1100) for 4 nights. Which leaves me questioning the reviews legitimacy...or am I just unlucky? Being in the service industry myself, I understand that sometimes unexpected situations occur. However, they were not handled well and not much initiative was taken to help when the problems arose.
That being said there were a couple shining stars in terms of staff. But it will not be enough to make me want to ever return here.
Check-in date: May 24, 2018
You can't go wrong choosing this boutique hotel. I knew we made the right choice even before we got there. Reservation via email was very efficient and clear (thanks, Lakhina!), and our inquiries were handled professionally. Special mention to Vhutty, who picked us up and brought us back to the airport (via the vintage car) safe and sound.
The rest of the staff were also friendly and chatty and respectful. They truly made our stay sooo relaxing and we were smiling all the time. Excellent excellent service!
My husband and I stayed at their standard room. The room was spacious, and the bed was the perfect softness after a tiring day at the temples. Though we wish that the toiletry set was more luxurious than what they currently provide. Meanwhile, the food they offered at the lobby was super tasty and varied.
We would definitely recommend this place to Siem Reap visitors.
Excellent staff service from reception to requests from our room. Pool and Spa are great Very highly recommended for a quite stay outside the crowd. We were staying in one of the Suites which are large and very nicely designed.
We had the old mercedes car when arriving at the airport, very original and funny despite the heavy gas smell and absence of aircon!