Miraval Resort and Spa – All Inclusive
What We Love
- Jetsetter 2015 Best of the Best Finalist: Best for Wellness
- Rate includes all meals, snacks, non-alcoholic beverages, round-trip airport transfers, selected fitness and yoga classes, lectures by Miraval specialists; access to the fitness center and Life in Balance Spa; $150 resort credit per night; and a Miraval tote bag and reusable water canteen
- The resort pays as much attention to self-improvement and healing as it does to pampering
- Four restaurants offer healthful but delicious cuisine
- There are 90 different free activities and classes to choose from every week
- A trilevel pond with waterfalls also has an acupressure stone walk — great for tired post-hike feet
- Desert gardens with labyrinth and panoramic kiva with firepit
What To Know
- Most guests choose to stay on-property, so there’s no need for a car
- While healthy living is encouraged, a glass of wine with dinner or a Kobe steak isn’t frowned upon
- Some activities like horseback riding are an additional cost
- This is a non-tipping resort
- All taxes and a mandatory 22 percent resort fee per person will be collected at the property
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Imagine a small village surrounded by the ruddy desert landscape of Tucson, in the shadow of the Santa Catalina Mountains, where you had everything you craved — incredible food, endless spa treatments — but left feeling fit and maybe even a few pounds lighter than when you arrived. Take part in everything from healthy cooking classes to one-on-one lessons with a tennis pro. You can even take it a step further along the mind/body path with classes that challenge your fears — like the Quantum Leap, in which you walk across a beam suspended high above the desert floor, or Miraval’s famed horseback riding center. The immense spa and its large outdoor treatment garden offers dozens of treatments, including sugar scrubs, reiki and sound and light therapies. More straightforward spagoers can indulge in Thai, shiatsu and relaxation massages, facial peels and pedicures. A week at Miraval is a unique vacation because it’s not just about taking a break — it’s a full mind/body/lifestyle revamp retreat, where the benefits linger long after checkout.
In the Area
The whole idea here is to get the most out of the resort itself, so give yourself over to the experience. Visit the Miraval Life in Balance Spa with Clarins for rituals ranging from a pampering desert rain scrub to integrative Chi Nei Tsang. Join a group trail ride or sign up for the full Miraval Equine Experience, working with specially selected horses and experts to perform equestrian skills. If, on the other hand, all you yearn to do is hit a ball around, join a golf class or a high-energy “rock and roll” tennis class with coach Leigh.
How to Get There
Miraval is a property with something for everyone whether there just to relax and enjoy the amazing public art and pampering or to tone or to contemplate a life change. The breath of activities is amazing--something to do every minute--and helpful staff to assist whatever your level of ability. Excellent customer service.
I stayed one week at Miraval and it was a beautiful experience for me to travel alone. There was so much to do and but also opportunities to be quiet and reflective. I especially appreciated the payment options and not having to tip or deal with money. The horse experiences were delightful. The bedding amazing. The food beyond.
My sat at Miraval was absolutely perfect. The staff, the accommodations, the food, the workshops, the spa treatments, the facilities the experience was absolutely wonderful. The care and attention was like nothing I have ever experienced. I hope to return someday!
I have stayed in many places and at wonderful resorts around the world but Miraval surpasses any expectations anyone may have about well-being, rejuvenation and life balance. This place is unlike any other places anywhere. You have to try it and you will know exactly how I feel and what I mean. A true sanctuary for wellbeing indeed.
Staff is fantastic. Debbie (salon) and Gavin (grounds) stand out for going the extra mile. Variety of activities so never without options. Definitely felt a mindful, exciting and peaceful vibe throughout the stay.