Miraval Resort and Spa – All Inclusive
What We Love
- Jetsetter 2015 Best of the Best Finalist: Best for Wellness
- Rate includes all meals, snacks, non-alcoholic beverages, round-trip airport transfers, selected fitness and yoga classes, lectures by Miraval specialists; access to the fitness center and Life in Balance Spa; $150 resort credit per night; and a Miraval tote bag and reusable water canteen
- The resort pays as much attention to self-improvement and healing as it does to pampering
- Four restaurants offer healthful but delicious cuisine
- There are 90 different free activities and classes to choose from every week
- A trilevel pond with waterfalls also has an acupressure stone walk — great for tired post-hike feet
- Desert gardens with labyrinth and panoramic kiva with firepit
What To Know
- Most guests choose to stay on-property, so there’s no need for a car
- While healthy living is encouraged, a glass of wine with dinner or a Kobe steak isn’t frowned upon
- Some activities like horseback riding are an additional cost
- This is a non-tipping resort
- All taxes and a mandatory 22 percent resort fee per person will be collected at the property
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Luxe wellness oasis at the foot of Tucson’s Santa Catalina Mountains with horse stables, hiking trails and a spa
Imagine a small village surrounded by the ruddy desert landscape of Tucson, in the shadow of the Santa Catalina Mountains, where you had everything you craved — incredible food, endless spa treatments — but left feeling fit and maybe even a few pounds lighter than when you arrived. Take part in everything from healthy cooking classes to one-on-one lessons with a tennis pro. You can even take it a step further along the mind/body path with classes that challenge your fears — like the Quantum Leap, in which you walk across a beam suspended high above the desert floor, or Miraval’s famed horseback riding center. The immense spa and its large outdoor treatment garden offers dozens of treatments, including sugar scrubs, reiki and sound and light therapies. More straightforward spagoers can indulge in Thai, shiatsu and relaxation massages, facial peels and pedicures. A week at Miraval is a unique vacation because it’s not just about taking a break — it’s a full mind/body/lifestyle revamp retreat, where the benefits linger long after checkout.
In the Area
The whole idea here is to get the most out of the resort itself, so give yourself over to the experience. Visit the Miraval Life in Balance Spa with Clarins for rituals ranging from a pampering desert rain scrub to integrative Chi Nei Tsang. Join a group trail ride or sign up for the full Miraval Equine Experience, working with specially selected horses and experts to perform equestrian skills. If, on the other hand, all you yearn to do is hit a ball around, join a golf class or a high-energy “rock and roll” tennis class with coach Leigh.
How to Get There
Spiritual experience mixed with fitness, wellness and relaxation. Services go beyond the norm. You can find Davinic board workouts, floating meditation, cardio drumming, incredibly knowledgeable staff nd gifted massage and energy therapist. You will return !
We did a couples wellness and golf retreat for a long weekend. This was our third visit and we loved our experience. Golf, trail runs, fitness classes and multiple spa appointments was a nirvana weekend getaway sans kiddos. And you can even go to dinner in your spa robe which is wonderful. Elevated, casual and as active as you wish to be. The only disappointment was the concierge experience. We had a much heavier lift working to set up our itinerary than we should have.
Wonderful and well-run resort in stunning surroundings. Our group of five had different interests, restrictions, and energy levels - and all of us found a way to have a great stay. Loved our off-property hike with Voss, the challenge courses, aerial yoga, cardio drumming... and of course, our amazing and delicious private chef experience with Warren! Be sure to book classes and treatments early.