What We Love
- Romantic couples retreat in a traditional Flemish city
- Sleek modern decor contrasting with original 19th-century details, such as stained glass windows and stone pillars
- Salus beds and soft linens
- Breakfast in the restored choir room is a spiritual experience
- Mechelen’s main square and tourist attractions are easily reachable on foot
What To Know
- The property opened in May 2009
- About 25 minutes from Brussels Airport
- The hotel is in a quiet residential area
- There is no on-site restaurant, though there are several options within easy walking distance
- Each room is different in size and details
- WiFi is available for approximately $22 per 24 hours
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Martin’s Patershof in Mechelen, you’ll be minutes from Lamot Conference and Heritage Centre and Fish Market. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Ijzerenleen Street and Schepenhuis Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 79 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have hair dryers and slippers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Take in the views from a terrace and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access and tour/ticket assistance.
Take advantage of the hotel’s room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. This hotel has 4 meeting rooms available for events. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
I stayed at this wonderful hotel for 1 night during a conference trip to Mechelen. The conference was in the Lamot conference centre (old brewery) and was at a 4-minute walking distance. The details like the stained glass in the room and the breakfast room in the chapel were really great. Friendly staff, good breakfast and excellent coffee.
An excellent location with an unique architecture. It is situated in the centre of the town, very close to shops and restaurants.
I had a very nice stay at this hotel. The fact that the building was a church gives it a very interesting vibe. The staff was great. The room was spacious, clean, modern. It offers all the useful amenities, except tea facilities. They offer coffee facilities instead, but I would have appreciated also tea.
The breakfast was diverse.
On the whole, a great experience! I would definitely recommend it to others and I would come back again.
The town of Mechelen is absolutely adorable with 2 nice public squares and a beautiful church not to mention the Het Anker brewery. The hotel is incredibly easy to get to and walk around from in is right near the train station. The hotel was gorgeously decorated and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Skip the larger town and stay in a gorgeous, unique 4 star hotel in Mechelen for less.