The Plaza Antwerp
What We Love
- A beautiful four-star hotel in the lovely city of Antwerp – includes a delicious daily breakfastLearning about the city's famous diamond trade – 85% of the world's rough diamonds pass through here
- Hopping from one world-class museum to another
- Grabbing a refreshing drink at the bar before turning in for the night
What To Know
- The hotel is a 10-minute walk from Central Station, and 20 minutes from the Grote Markt
- There’s a tram stop just around the corner so you can easily zip around town
- Free WiFi is quite weak
How to Get There
This was a lovely hotel to stay in. The decor is a little eccentric but the room was very comfortable and spacious. The staff were lovely and remembered us when we came and went. We had a minor issue with the room which was resolved promptly and the staff were very apologetic and keen to make sure we were happy. The hotel is in the Jewish area so there are great food places nearby and easy to find being close to the viaduct leading to Antwerp Centraal.
We were celebrating our 10 year anniversary and the plaza hotel accommodated us in a wonderful suite! With hearts on our bed. They certainly made us feel special. The room was beautiful, clean and spacious. A wonderful stay. A quick tram away, close to the center. Highly recommended! Would love to go back.
At 5am I was woken by a loud party being carried on in the room above mine and I complained to reception. Half an hour later peace was restored. The following day I was assured that the Manager intended to 'reach out" to me. This did not happen and on my departure I was informed that no recompense would be made. The reason for this was that as the party was happening when I went to bed (around 1am) my disturbed night was my fault as I did not complain early enough!
Antwerp is fantastic and The Plaza has plus points but handling complaints is not one of them!