Gran Meliá Colón
What We Love
- A wow-factor arrival; sip cava on a petal-shaped scarlet chair beneath a shimmering chandelier
- El Burladero restaurant interprets Andalusian dishes with flair and finesse
- Skyline views from the rooftop Jacuzzi
- WiFi is free
- One Bedroom Suites include RedLevel lounge access for breakfast, drinks and canapés
What To Know
- While beautiful, the decor isn’t traditionally Andalusian. No fountains or tiled courtyards here
- There’s no swimming pool on-site
- Breakfast, while good, doesn’t match the excellence of the restaurant
- More suited to romantic couples or business travelers than families or party people
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Gran Meliá Colón, you’ll be centrally located in Seville, steps from Magdalena Church and minutes from Museum of Fine Arts. This 5-star hotel is close to Seville Cathedral and Alcazar.
Make yourself at home in one of the 189 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and plasma televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming provides entertainment. Partially open bathrooms with bathtubs feature designer toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Treat yourself with massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an attached winery, a health club, and a sauna. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the area shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby.
How to Get There
There was nothing to fault in this deservedly 5* hotel. The location is excellent, within 15 mins walking distance to Cathedral and Alcazar. Even less to El Cortes dept store! Restaurants and bars within 5 mins. A perfect city break location.
All staff were friendly and helpful.
Excellently located Hotel in Seville. All tourist attractions are within walking distance. Efficient Service with warmth and very ki d hospitality. The size of Deluxe Rooms is comfortable and the paintings on each of the Room Entrance Doors are in itself each one a masterpiece, painted by famoys local artists. The Staff is so vdry helpful. The breakfast spread was superb.
We were 4 couples traveling Andalusia on June 2018
Stayed for 2 nights on Premium Room
Very nice big, clean room with lots of space
Excellent Parking arrangement
visited for 3 nights , red level room .
staff very accommodating .Breakfast offering excellent. Room clean , showers very good.
Red level lounge a Bonus.
Manager and all staff run a very good Hotel as this deserves more than 5 Star.
My Birthday was enhanced with touches of kindness!
DR Latif Kaba
I am hesitant to write this because I know how hard they try to maintain a top rating, but I feel I must try.
It’s a nice hotel. The location seemed good. The staff were all excellent. The room was spacious, but deeply weird.
We has a “family suite.” That’s basically a somewhat larger room with two beds and a small, white sofa. Suite? I think not.
The weird things were these:
1. The room was lighted yellow. I mean really yellow, with white furniture. Whose idea was that?
2. The bathroom is separated from the room by a glass wall. I don’t know about you, but I really don’t want to watch my mother take a shower. Yes, there is a flimsy curtain. But again, who’s idea was that??? Someone who needs a psychiatrist.
More importantly, I genuinely feel like I was the victim of social media manipulation when I selected this hotel. It was by far the worst value of any hotel I’ve stayed at in Spain (like by 3x). All the plugs in the reviews for the “red level” read to me like classic up-sale. Someone is running a little marketing program here to hype the reviews, and I feel ripped off.