Hotel Villa Oniria
What To Know
- The hotel is within easy walking distance of tapas bars, restaurants, and shopping
- Rooms are on the smaller side and dark
- Free WiFi is fast and reliable
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
How to Get There
The hotel features a relaxing atrium, sunny reading room, outdoor bar and spa. Baths have luxurious travertine showers. The restaurant chef earned a Michelin star. Staff is friendly and helpful. Close to the Catedral and other sites, shopping, tapas, restaurants and bars.
The hotel has a lot of potential but fails to meet the most basic of expectations:
- room cleanliness is inexistent; dead mosquitos upon arrival in the curtain, stains on the floor and on the curtains, weird trash in the shower, carpet left uncleaned during our two-nights stay. Check pictures. It was our mistake that we did not mention this to the staff right away, but in a place like they claim to be we would still expect more.
- service upon arrival not worthy of a 4*: we got a "take what you need from the car and we will take it to the garage". I'm happy to do it but at least an hotel of this supposed quality should offer to help us with the luggage (if needed). This is not "valet service".
- spa is anything but relaxing, e.g. lacking a resting room. We payed for daily access to the spa and yet were charged extra for slippers, bathing caps and robes. Towels were not available, we ended up taking some from the massage area (as outlaws) but honestly this is weird. Were we supposed to bring our (only) large towels from the room?!
- breakfast is fine but not for a 4*. Coffee is low quality and there is no indication of what you are eating. Service is slow and non-attentive.
- bar lacks service. The waiter forgot half our order, and left the table dirty from previous clients. On top of all, and as if this was not already bad enough, the Aperol Spritz arrived a good ten minutes before the other drink, even though we ordered both of them together. At the most basic bar you would get two drinks you order as a couple at the same time. Is this even a 2* service?
- Finally, at breakfast we were thrown out in a very abrupt way 10 minutes past the official end of breakfast hours. Nothing against indicating to guests that breakfast is going to close, but there are other ways to do that than just saying you have to leave becuase we are closing now (especially when the whole buffet is still there and could be cleaned first).
To top it all, we decided to leave earlier and announced an unplanned early departure for the next day. No questions were asked about whether everything was ok or if this was due to a problem with our stay. This is unexpected from hotels even way below in category.
Please make yourself a favor and choose another hotel, it's not worth it and the price is anyways too high for the lack of service and quality. I do admit there is a lot of potential to the property, and that's why a change in management, staff (training) and most of all infrastructure is strongly advised!
This is a beautiful hotel in a very good location. The outside terrace is a perfect place for an afternoon G+T. Although we did not eat at the hotel restaurant, it looked very elegant. The rooms are nicely decorated and spacious and the lobby/communal areas are quite grand. Staff were extremely polite and helpful. The only negative is that parking is quite expensive.