What We Love
- An unforgettable stay in an elegant Amsterdam townhouse, with breakfast and your own suiteThe seriously chic design of this fantastic townhouse
- Staying so centrally, so you can easily walk around city
- Relaxing in your sleek suite – your own tranquil oasis
What To Know
- The stylish design looks like it's out of a magazine
- There's no lunch or dinner served on-site, but plenty of charming cafes and restaurants are nearby
- It's a 15-minute walk to Amsterdam's famous museums
There are few cities that mix their heritage so effortlessly with buzzing modernity, but Amsterdam manages it beautifully. Among its beguiling maze of canals, you’ll find 17th-century houses, hip coffee shops and a plethora of stylish boutiques, as well as antique emporiums, artists’ studios and a host of fascinating museums. This eclectic mix keeps Amsterdam firmly at the top of European-escape wishlists, and with a central stay at Villa Nicola, you’re perfectly placed to find out why.
Set in a historic townhouse that dates back to the 1900s, Villa Nicola is bursting with luxurious style. The old and new seamlessly combine here to create spaces that look lifted from the pages of a sleek design mag. Mid-century furniture and parquet floors create a sleek vibe in your suite, which opens out into a tranquil inner garden or sleek sitting room, while contemporary taxidermy and Designers Guild prints pepper the communal areas. Forget the fridge magnet or postcard; your Amsterdam souvenir will likely come in the form of design inspiration for your own home.
The interior style here looks ripped from the pages of a design magazine, with parquet floors, mid-century furniture and plenty of lush, green plants. The Garden suite is a true oasis, with a conservatory area that leads out into a sheltered, inner garden. Spacious and sleek, the Urban suite has a spacious seating area, a separate bedroom and an airy bathroom.
Breakfast is served daily at Villa Nicola. When it comes to lunch and dinner, you have a plethora of Amsterdam’s offerings right at your fingertips. For something a little different, hop on the tram to Da Kas, which serves Mediterranean dishes using organic ingredients that are grown and served on-site within their impressive glasshouse. For classic Dutch dishes, you’re just a 15-minute walk from Loetje.
Amsterdam has many fascinating museums to visit, and a boat cruise along the canals provides a unique perspective of this charming city. Original paintings by both Van Gogh and Rembrandt can be found within the art galleries here. The Van Gogh Museum is just a 15-minute walk from the hotel, as is Vondelpark and the Stedelijk Museum, a haven for modern art enthusiasts. Rembrandt House Museum can be reached on foot in 20 minutes.
How to Get There
This is an exceptional B&B. The rooms are furnished and decorated to an extremely high standard and with impeccable taste. Breakfast is plentiful and lovingly presented. The house is in a quiet location but only 10 minutes walk to the Rijks. Werner, the host, treats guests as long lost friends and adds extra 'treats' and gifts. This is probably the best accommodation we have ever stayed in.
Firstly can I say how lucky was I to return again this week for two nights to villa Nicola.
We first visited here in March with friends, my friend Sally and I decided to return without the men to have a girlie few days shopping, I can’t thank our host Werner enough for making this another wonderful stay, Werner is the most amazing host,nothing is ever to much trouble for him to make everything perfect,everything from cleanliness to the most amazing smells, every morning he presented another lovely breakfast with all his wonderful crockery amazing collection,i have now stayed in both rooms and both are perfect, there isn’t really much more I can say about Werner the lovely dog Kees ( who is very friendly) but only if you want luxury perfection and the best host come to Villa Nicola,Thank you again Werner look forward to our next visit in 2019
My wife and I stayed here for three nights in early August 18 en route to a longer holiday in Russia. We booked via Secret Escapes and it seemed a much better option than a city centre hotel.
And it certainly was!!
We had a brilliant stay here and in particular I would single out:
1. Location - appeared from the map to be a little out of the centre (railway station etc) but in reality it's ideally located for many of the key city sites. We purchased a Stromma City pass and initially travelled to Villa Nicola on the hop on/off bus. It's location across the canal almost opposite the Heineken Experience meant easy access. It was also a short walk to the Rijksmuseum where we could pick up the hop on/off boats.
2. The building and our room were beautiful. We had the Urban Suite which was exquisite in decor and furnishing. Bathroom was fab (great toiletries!) and loved the Charles Eames chair.
3. Breakfast was also amazing - a huge choice of everything you could imagine with the offer of more if required. Also there is complementary bottled water and cold beer/wine for purchase at very reasonable cost.
4. Finally Werner and the house dog Kees were a delight and welcoming at all times. A pre visit email followed by a great welcome. Werner cares for his guests brilliantly. He met with us for breakfast every day and we really enjoyed our chats and his recommendations.
Downsides - can't think of any!
Probably one of the best B&Bs we've ever visited. Hope to be back!
What can we add to the already glowing reviews! They are all spot on, Werner and Kees were fabulous hosts. The garden suit is spectacular and the add extras are amazing, you were looked after very well throughout out stay. Breakfast was 'top notch' location excellent for accessing everywhere. We could fault our stay and would highly recommend it. We will definitely be back! F&D
What a find! I have worked in the hospitality industry for many years and have rarely come across anyone like Werner who has such guest focus, an eye for every detail and effortless charm. The whole experience was fantastic from the warmest of welcomes to the brilliant breakfasts and the comfortable and stylish surroundings. Location is great for both the centre and the more interesting outer canals and streets. Who needs bland hotels when options such as Villa Nicola exists? Will definitely be back.