Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw
What We Love
- A stylish and modern base in the city's historic center, near the Royal Palace and more sights The superb location in the historic heart of Amsterdam, with Dam Square and the Royal Palace on your doorstep
- Staying in a hotel that's as historic as its surroundings, with a heritage dating back to the 15th century
- The modern guest rooms with a sleek, minimalist edge
What To Know
- The onsite restaurant is currently closed for renovations; you might hear construction noises during weekday office hours
- Guestrooms were recently renovated
- The hotel is a quick walk from Amsterdam Centraal Station
Whether you search by foot, tram, bike or canal boat, you won’t find a better base for your Amsterdam explorations than Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw. Located in the heart of the city’s gorgeous historic district, this four-star urban oasis puts some of Amsterdam’s top attractions just a stone’s throw from your doorstep, including Dam Square and the National Monument, as well as the Royal Palace, Madame Tussauds and more.
With roots dating back to the 15th century, when the site was home to an inn, the hotel was rebuilt in 1911 and bears the distinction of being one of the few remaining independently owned hotels in the city. The modern and brightly refurbished rooms offer minimalist-inspired décor and make for a comfortable base where you can recharge your batteries after a day spent exploring one of Europe’s most enchanting cities.
How to Get There
This hotel is in a great location. You have many of the main tourist attractions right outside the main entrance, such as madame tussads, riplys believe it or not, boat tours and the zoo was only 20 minute walk away. The room was amazing quality, double bed with a bath and shower head. Staff were lovely and accomidating.I would 100% stay here again.
Lovely hotel, excellent location. Great spot for families, tram stop right outside. Excellent breakfasts. Restaurant also serves delicious food. Very comfortable room (with fridge) with view onto Damrak.
Such a clean modern hotel! Our room in particular was fabulous with all our needs met by the staff in this hotel they couldn’t be any more helpful. Very modern clean and great location. Couldn’t recommend enough!