Amadi Park Hotel
What We Love
- A chic stay at a contemporary Amsterdam hotel, with breakfast and a stocked minibarThe tastefully chic contemporary design of the hotel's interiors
- Staying so close to Museumplein and Vondelpark, but just outside the bustle of the city center
- Waking up to the organic breakfast options that feature fresh, local ingredients
What To Know
- Guestrooms have blackout blinds so you'll sleep soundly
- The hotel puts you within walking distance of De Hallen, the Rijksmuseum, and the Van Gogh Museum
- Free WiFi is fast and reliable
The Amadi Park Hotel is a stylish, modern pad – the perfect base from which to explore the progressive and bohemian city of Amsterdam. This is a destination that needs little introduction, and one stroll around the famous Canal Ring will have you under its spell. As one of the most stunning cities in Europe, the Dutch capital is packed with antique havens, hipster cafés and pioneering restaurants, plus the coffeeshops and iconic Red Light District that make it such a culturally charged place.
From classic 17th-century Dutch style right up to the modernist Amsterdam School, design is paramount to the city – and this is echoed at the Amadi Park Hotel. The steel-and-glass atrium at the center of the building hints at the contemporary interiors of the rooms, which offer a modernist aesthetic typical of current Dutch design. Couple this with its environmentally friendly credentials and organic breakfast options, and the Amadi Park Hotel embraces a thoroughly modern approach to ensuring your comfort and relaxation.
The Double Deluxe rooms showcase elegant contemporary design, with stylish patterns on the walls and a thoroughly minimalist feel. The colors are muted and modern, with grays and soft golds creating a relaxing atmosphere to retreat to after haggling at Waterloopleinmarkt or exploring the Rijksmuseum. An en-suite bathroom and a Nespresso coffee machine make this feel every bit a home away from home.
Breakfast is served in a stylish breakfast room, typifying the attention to design throughout the hotel. Ingredients are organic andlocally sourced, and efforts are made to minimize food waste as much as possible, staying in line with the eco-friendly nature of this hotel.
The hotel is practically on the doorstep of Vondelpark, which in turn makes it a short walk from Museumplein, the area that’s home to the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum and Stedelijk Museum. From here you’re a short hop from the start of the Canal Ring and the rest of downtown. If you want to explore the city, rent a bike and cruise with the locals or hop onto the tram right outside. Go for a meal at one of the chic restaurants in Jordaan, or browse for souvenirs at the bustling markets in Waterlooplein. The local area has plenty to offer as well, with cultural centers, like the local De Hallen, offering galleries, an art house cinema and a street-food hall.
How to Get There
My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights recently as our first stop of a 3 week European tour.
1. Fantastic location. Very quiet and safe area. Also close to cute restaurants, coffee, Vondelpark, Museumplein, and public transit (the 17 metro to centraal station is literally a 5 minute walk).
2. Really nice bathroom: compared to the size of the room itself, the bathroom was a good size with nice dual head shower and liquid hand soap (hard to find in american hotels!)
3. The free minibar: this was awesome, and it was restocked every day!
4. Check in was easy and they were more than happy to store our bags when we arrived very early from our long flight from California so we could experience the city before our room was ready
The standard double room is just really small. We don’t need a lot of space, but it was extremely tight with just my husband and I and our 2 suitcases. The room also could get stuffy, but fortunately it is air conditioned and we were able to open the windows when it was cool at night.
Overall we loved Amsterdam and this hotel met our needs. Not a lot of space or flair, but very reasonably priced, clean, and in a great area.
Spent the seven very comfortable days and nights here. The queen room is big as promised to be, with all amenities necessary. Bathroom is also big, although a little bit more lights in it wouldn't hurt. The staff is as nice as it could be, always,(24 hours) ready to help, explain and suggest something. Feels very safe there. Yes, you pay $15 for the breakfast, if you want, but this is a big and greatly made meal while you're waiting for 5-7 minutes. Coffee (a good one!) and fruits in the lobby at any time.Location is excellent: 10-15 minutes to the main museums and cultural institutions,and 15 min. to the airport express bus. Highly recommend.
Great, modern tech hotel with free minibar replaced daily. Lots of nice restaurants around the hotel and easy access to the canals. It is set in a business building with apartments and other hotels. Great experience!!!