What We Love
- A glamorous five-star hotel stay, including breakfast, a spa discount and other extrasStarting the day with breakfast on the beautiful terrace, surrounded by lemon trees
- Taking the hotel’s complimentary shuttle bus service to Vietri sul Mare
- Kicking back with a cocktail and some live piano music at the hotel’s elegant I Faraglioni bar
- Getting a discount at the spa, plus early check-in and late check-out privileges
What To Know
- TVs have limited English-speaking channels
- Guestrooms have spotty WiFi
- Free parking
La dolce vita doesn’t get much sweeter than this. Clinging to a hillside that overlooks the azure Bay of Salerno, and surrounded by scented lemon groves, Hotel Raito is a heavenly slice of Amalfi with a glamorous Riviera appeal. Bright and spacious bedrooms offer stunning views of the breathtaking coastline and bay, while around the hotel you’ll find plenty of spots to soak up the surroundings. For starters, try the two outdoor pools with sun terraces and elegant outdoor restaurant with panoramic vistas.
You’ll feel blissful after a pampering session in the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner’s ExPure Spa, with its heated indoor pool, sauna, wealth of massage treatments and more. If you fancy a break from utter relaxation, the hotel is well-placed for exploring the beautiful Amalfi coast and its many highlights. The bellissima town of Vietri sul Mare is just a short ride away on the hotel’s free shuttle bus and holds a wealth of ceramic shops and places to eat and drink.
Superior Sea View rooms command stunning full views across the Gulf of Salerno and the Amalfi Coast and boast private furnished balconies, from which you can drink up the vista with a refreshment in hand. They are spacious, flooded with light through French windows and furnished in an elegant and modern décor.
There are a couple of dining options at Hotel Raito, the most impressive being the spectacular à la carte Il Golfo Ristorante. This is one of the most renowned restaurants on the Amalfi Coast and certainly one of the most beautiful, with its wide, panoramic terrace overlooking the bay.
The hotel’s ExPure spa is a well-equipped sanctuary of beauty and wellness, featuring a heated indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna and Turkish bath. A range of treatments can be enjoyed inside the spa or al fresco on the private terrace, with to-die-for panoramic sea views.
This seafront hotel is located on a cliffside above the town of Vietri sul Mare. Excursions to Capri, Positano and neighboring Amalfi towns can be arranged from Salerno harbor, just five minutes away.
How to Get There
Unbelievable that this place is marketed as a 5 Star Hotel - it is a complete misrepresentation.
If you have any experience of luxury hotels then DO NOT stay here - anyone who thinks this is a 5 star hotel has obviously never stayed in one!
I stay in genuine 5 Star Hotels - The Mandarin Oriental, The Berkeley, Le Meurice, The Peninsula.
The Hotel Raito is 3 Stars at most - it reminded me of a Travelodge.
Ignore the marketing photos; the rooms and common areas are tired, dated and dirty. It looks as if it hasn't been decorated since the late 80's.
The first room I was shown smelled musty, had cracked tiles in the bathroom, mold/mildew round the bath , and and no privacy as there was a pathway directly outside the bedroom window.
I was offered 2 alternatives on higher floors with more privacy but the decor, smell and dirt were the same.
I asked to pay to upgrade to a suite but was told that the decor in all rooms is the same.
I left and stayed elsewhere - I suggest you do too.
What a find! We loved this hotel. The room was exceptional. The staff personnel were great. We had a water view room and the the view from our balcony was spectacular. We ate in the restaurant - excellent. And the breakfast was outstanding as well. Cant wait to go back.
- Stunning views of the coast!
- Beautiful setting and quaint, clean and decent sized rooms
- Location: On the hill by a small town called Raito, very close to Vietri and Salerno. A really great spot to explore the rest of the Amalfi Coast, Pompeii or Sorrento as you have the motorway route AND the coastal route.
- Free shuttle to Vietri town (but timings could be better!)
- Breakfast: great selection of food
- Massage: one of the best I have ever had! pure bliss
- Spa opening from 2pm only, and the pool spa is very small
- Service at breakfast was very slow and we found ourselves asking for things 2-3 times
- We booked the 'spa package' with our room entitling us to 20% off food and drink which was well worth taking, BUT the staff did not really know about this and we had to keep explaining ourselves at the restaurant, pool bar etc when we ordered something, which was embarrassing and frustrating.
- Gym - was VERY basic and could have done with a better selection of weights etc - the wifi in the gym was non-existent which was frustrating (especially as we follow online training videos)
- Pillows: the hotel needs to invest in better, softer pillows or a selection to allow for different guests.
Highly recommended hotel.