Kensington Riverside Inn
What We Love
- The elegant rooms have soaking tubs, and some have fireplaces and patios
- In-room massages courtesy of RnR Wellness, a well-regarded Calgary spa
- Free use of Brooklyn Cruiser bicycles
- Lots of great cozy communal spaces, like the fireside room and patio, for brunch or cocktails
- The Chef’s Table restaurant, with its inventive menus and open kitchen concept
What To Know
- The hotel is a short walk or ride into downtown Calgary
- Free high-speed WiFi
- There are lots of included extras, like morning tea and coffee, bottled water, and local calls
- There’s no gym, but guests have drop-in privileges at nearby Kensington Fitness Studio
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Situated in bucolic Kensington Village, a pedestrian and bike-friendly neighborhood just across the Bow River from downtown Calgary, this Greek Revival-style 19-room charmer is filled with striking artworks and contemporary furnishings. The streamlined guest rooms come in a palette of charcoal, white, and silver with large soaking tubs and huge rain showers. In the open kitchen at the property’s restaurant, a team of talented chefs whip up dishes like miso-cured local salmon and wild boar with winter vegetables and corn agnolotti.
In the Area
Before peddling across to Calgary proper on your Brooklyn Cruiser, swing by Ingear, a Kensington Village boutique stocking a well-curated range of jewelry and accessories, featuring several Canadian designers. Admire the beautiful Bow River as you cross the stunning Santiago Calatrava-designed Peace Bridge and check in for an appointment at RnR Wellness, where you can try the indulgent “Lucky You” package, comprising of a Jade Stone Facial and 60 Minute Jade Stone Massage.
How to Get There
The hotel of choice in Calgary. Intimate and well appointed rooms accompanied with excellent service. A beautiful spot to experience the city. Plenty to do within walking distance, and right on the river for access to beautiful walking/biking trails.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here - found the hotel when looking for somewhere central in a good location. The rooms are beautiful and the treatment is really special, they stored our luggage when we arrived too early, arranged a early check in and stored our luggage when our flight was late.
I was at the hotel for 2 nights on business. First standout is the staff. EVERYONE I dealt with was very pleasant. Rooms are great. Location far enough from but close enough to downtown. Underground parking and a fireplace in the room. Fantastic breakfast. If you want crowds, maybe not, (it is a SMALL hotel), but otherwise highly recommended.