Château de Divonne
What We Love
- A fairy-tale château facing Mont Blanc, with breakfast, a half-bottle of Arbois wine and moreMarveling at the views of Mont Blanc from the château’s ample terrace
- The picture-perfect location between Lake Geneva and the Jura Mountains
- Experiencing an authentic historical stay in this majestic, 19th-century house
What To Know
- The 19th-century chateau sits on a 22-acre park
- There's a small seasonal pool
- It's a two-minute walk from the facilities of Divonnes-les-Bains, which include a casino, golf course and thermal baths
Located in the heart of a 22-acre park, Château de Divonne is a 19th-century château offering beautiful sights both near and far, inside and out. In the property’s early days, founder René Traversac created a destination restaurant to attract neighboring residents, but now this TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner pulls in guests for more than just its cuisine.
Set in an idyllic spot between Lake Geneva and the Jura Mountains, the château boasts stunning views. There are plenty of ways to experience the enchanting area, from a crisp game of golf to a visit to the Tree Adventure Center or mountain sports, if you’re athletically inclined. Soak up the heritage and history of the lakeside city of Geneva and the small walled village of Yvoire. You can continue to immerse yourself in the region’s rich past and explore its castles at Ferney-Voltaire and Coppet.
Château de Divonne’s rooms are elegantly decorated in a way that’s sympathetic to both the château’s history and location. Plush furnishings meet floral wallpapers and rooms show off stunning views over the Jura Mountains, the Alps and the park. Classic rooms are cozy, whereas spacious Superior rooms come with a seating area.
The hotel’s restaurant Le Vendôme and its dining toom epitomize the traditions of this historic family residence. Soft colors, romantic frescoes and wooden flooring create a dreamily elegant ambiance, perfect for feasting on world-class dishes. In good weather, it’s possible to take advantage of the château’s spacious terrace and gaze up at majestic Mont Blanc while eating outside. The restaurant and dining rooms are open for both lunch and dinner.
Château de Divonne sits between Lake Geneva and the Jura Mountains, 15 minutes from Geneva itself. It’s a two-minute walk from the facilities of Divonnes-les-Bains, which include a casino, golf course and thermal baths.