SO Sofitel Mauritius
What We Love
- Kenzo’s flamboyant touch is everywhere
- 24-hour So Special butler service is included for Beach Suite and Beach Villas and for a supplement in Lushury rooms
- Lushury rooms are large and start from 646 square feet
- Show your wedding certificate at check-in and receive these honeymoon extras per couple: a VIP welcome, a SO Spa treatment each, dinner on the beach with a sabrage ritual and a SO gift designed by Kenzo Takada
What To Know
- Book excursions well in advance
- Evening entertainment can be on the quiet side but the resort puts on special events and hosts DJs from time to time
- WiFi is free
- Eco friendly
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Zany: Designed by Thai architect Lek Bunnag and Japanese fashion designer Kenzo Takada, the 34-acre resort is home to a floating spa, a moated space age restaurant and a knife-shaped swimming pool with views of the booming surf from the tip.
Bed and Bath
Lime-colored leather beds, shiny limestone surfaces and tropical accents set the tone in the spacious guestrooms. All feature private gardens leading down to the white sand beach, and they’re teeming with technology: Press a privacy button and a screen descends from the ceiling, dividing the bed and bath areas. The bathrooms are stocked with Kenzo products and feature indoor and outdoor waterfall showers, and beyond the patio doors, sunken tubs fringed by exotic greenery beg to be lounged in for hours.
Asian-inspired restaurant Flamboyant is perched on a moat and glows with floor-to-ceiling blue lamps; overlooking the pool, it serves French/Mauritian fare (curried ruby snapper, croaker fish). Beachfront La Plage is a good spot for lunch (seared gambas, catch of the day). There’s also a gym, tennis courts and a kids club on-site. Thémaé products are used in the hillside So Spa, a small but perfectly designed space where the signature treatment is acupuncture using gold needles.