One&Only Le Saint Geran
What We Love
- The rate includes daily breakfast, free water skiing and greens fees for the on-property golf course
- The highly personalized service from the smartly dressed staff, who greet you by name
- Waking up to a view of a white sandy beach and the Indian Ocean right outside your door
- The island setting is popular with honeymooners and couples, but families are welcome, and there’s a dedicated kids club
- Don’t miss a massage in the tropical gardens of the spa pavilion
What To Know
- The resort is about an hour’s drive from Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport
- Single travelers might feel a bit out of place here
- Only the beach is within walking distance — you’ll need a car to explore the rest of the island
- Drinks can be very expensive
- For families, larger Ocean Suites can be joined to Junior Suites
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at One&Only Le Saint Geran in Belle Mare, you’ll be convenient to Belle Mare Plage Golf Club – The Links and Water Leisure Park. This 5-star resort is within close proximity of Belle Mare Beach and Flacq Market.
Make yourself at home in one of the 163 individually furnished guestrooms, featuring iPod docking stations and LCD televisions. Rooms have private balconies. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while DVD players and satellite programming provide entertainment. Bathrooms have rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can get some exercise with a round of golf or enjoy a lazy day at the private beach. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite at one of the resort’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Meet other guests and eat at a complimentary reception. Relax with a refreshing drink at a beach bar, a poolside bar, or one of 2 bars/lounges. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in Belle Mare? This resort has 710 square feet (66 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
My new husband & I stayed here for 6 nights at the end of our honeymoon & wow - what a way to end such a memorable holiday. The staff were so attentive, the chef, Vikash, from Prime restaurant, went above & beyond with his incredible cooking skills, the water sports & spa facilities, pretty much everything about this place is just so unique & special. We couldn’t have asked for more & definitely plan to return in the future for sure. Huge thanks to Nasser for all of the personal touches he provided during our staying & to Vikram for his attention & great sense of humour. Thank you team One&Only le Saint Géran
We were at Le Saint Geran for our honeymoon . Great team specially Butler Pushkul who has contribute a lot in making our stay nice and sweet . The whole Saint Geran Team went the extra mile to make our stay memorable . They cater for every detail since we checked in till our departure .
Another great stay at the One and Only. The hotel has been redone and is really nice. The beach and lagoon are amazing. The new family pool is also very nice. The resort was supposedly 90% full but it felt very empty which is always nice. We could always find a place at the pool or beach, could always get into the restaurant we wanted and never felt crowded. The service was excellent.
The food at the pool was nice, nothing amazing. However the food at dinner was excellent. The Asian restaurant was outstanding! The buffet, which I usually hate, was also extremely good. It is not the normal mass produced buffets.... here there are lots of salads etc already made, but a lot of the food is cooked fresh in front of you while you wait. Fresh prawns and pastas.... we also loved the fresh dim sum and sushi. The dessert bar/ cafe was excellent. French pastries and tarts, ice creams, crepes and lots of yummy treats.
The food at prime was also very good. I found the menu a little bit limiting but it was still very good. The Italian restaurant was also delicious.
The sports Centre was great. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the paddle tennis. We used the bicycles and rode into Belle Mare 5km away which was also fun. The watersports were also good except there is no parasailing. They can arrange it for you, however when I did enquirer I was given 3 different prices. We went snorkeling which was really nice as well.
The kids club was a little disappointing. The staff and very kind however the activities were short and uninteresting. Making mocktails at the bar sounded like so much fun, but all that was watching the bar man make the kids a fresh fruit juice. The kids actually had nothing to do with it. A lot of the arts and crafts take 10 minutes and then My kids were bored. Having said that the management was very helpful in trying to keep them entertained. We asked the chef to teach them to make a dessert which he did, a very delicious choc fondant!
We had a really good week there and would highly recommend this hotel. We will definitely go back again.
One and Only says it all! Perfect room, nice hotel on the beach and good amenities. I went there for a 2-day board meeting. Good for people who are looking for a secluded retreat but could get boring for the active people after a few days. One thing I need to add, beach in Mauritius is not as good as people would think of - not a reflection on this hotel but if one priority is beach quality, Maldives or Philippines is better!
This was our first trip to Mauritius and it took us a long time to choose the right hotel for us. A lot of people recommended the One and Only but said ‘we don’t know what it’s like after the renovation’. Well we decided to give it a go and it was simply AMAZING. A few brief highlights:
1) The staff: I have never experienced such warm, friendly and attentive staff. Everyone was so helpful and so sweet with our baby son. We had a babysitter for 2 hours every night while we went to dinner. Her name was Sandiah and I recommend booking her if you travel with a baby! She was incredible - our son adored her and the trip wouldn’t have been the same without her. So many other staff made the trip special: Baasil in guest relations, Aadarsh and Mukesh in La Pointe restaurant, oh and make sure you get a massage from Alexa who seems to have fixed my shoulder. I even joined in with the boat house crew in their daily game of 5-aside football!
2) The food: We booked half board as we knew we wouldn’t leave the hotel much with our son. There are 4 restaurants at the hotel, including one which is only open for dinner every two nights. For me food is so important and it was exceptional from start to finish. Everything was fresh and mostly locally sourced, there was so much choice - from Italian food at La Pointe by the visiting Italian chef, to amazing steak at Prime. Special mention has to go to the buffet at La Terasse... not a buffet I’ve ever experienced before. You basically drift around the room with various chefs approaching you and offering to cook some kind of fresh, delicious dish. The Indian food was the best I’ve ever had (and I’ve had a lot). The half board option is great value, just make sure you’re hungry.
3) The rooms, beach and location: absolutely stunning. Every room has an amazing view including the ‘lagoon’ room. They all look out onto white sandy beaches and actually the cheaper lagoon rooms have a quieter, more private feel. I went wakeboarding most days (for free) and we went out on a glass bottom boat to see the coral (also free). We also took the free Pilates course and used the incredible gym and tennis court (I had a lesson with the pro). The rooms are very attractive, large and light with very large bathrooms... only criticism is that the bath itself wasn’t very comfortable! If we could, we would probably choose a suite next time just so the baby can stay in a separate room and we could have some time to ourselves, but they are roughly double the cost so it’s a big jump.
Last but not least, for anyone with a baby. They will make you fresh baby purée any time you want for free and do all your baby laundry any time you want - for free. This is a baby friendly place.
I could go on.... go and stay at this hotel!