What We Love
- A charming spa chalet in a Portes du Soleil village-resort, with breakfast and spa accessPreparing for active days out with a breakfast menu filled with the freshest local ingredients
- The plethora of outdoor activities and ski slopes to enjoy in Les Portes du Soleil
- Soothing weary muscles with complimentary access to the spa
What To Know
- You can rent ski equipment and purchase ski passes and lessons through the chalet
- Private bus transfer to and from the slopes is available
- The hotel is pet-friendly
Comprising 12 resorts dotted across both France and Switzerland, Les Portes du Soleil is the perfect combination of breathtaking mountain scenery and exciting outdoor activities. Set on the French-Swiss border, the charming village-resort of Châtel offers all sorts of sports and fun, from skiing and snowmobiling in the winter to biking and hiking in the summer, with paragliding, climbing and zip-lining thrown in for good measure.
Headed up by the Macchi family since the 1970s, four-star Hotel Macchi is full of intimacy and personal touches, from the warming cuisine straight through to the cozy décor. Add to that a spa with Ayurvedic massages, mountain views, a sauna and swimming pool plus a roaring fire in the lounge, and you’ve everything you need for a traditional chalet break in picturesque Haute-Savoie.
How to Get There
excellent hotel in a wonderful location. Hammam, Jacousi, swimming pool...: outstanding !
Wonderful view on the Alps from the room. Balcony of perfect size allowing relaxing time, drinks...
And the two owners: such a sense of services and conviviality.
This hotel is well situated close to Châtel centre with good views from the balconies down the Abondance valley. It offers good facilities including restaurant, bar, 12 metre swimming pool and spa. The staff are all extremely friendly, helpful and welcoming.
The staff is very friendly and nice, the food was amazing and the hotel is at walking distance of nearly everything, there’s also a bus stop right in front of it so it’s very easy to move around ! We had the best holiday! Definitely recommend!